Otter.ai's mission is to make all-important voice conversations and meeting notes accessible and searchable through Ambient Voice Intelligence, a platform that includes its proprietary speech and speaker-recognition technology. The company has raised $13 million to date from leading investors, built an awesome team of engineers and speech scientists, and was selected by Zoom Video Communications to power transcription and search for recorded meetings.
Our main product is Otter: a smart, note-taking and collaboration app that empowers you to remember, search, and share your voice conversations. Try it now at http://otter.ai
, App Store
, and Google Play
We are seeking an experienced Head of Customer Service and Support who is resourceful hands-on and willing to fill in the gaps in the organization where needed.
About This Job
We are seeking a customer-centric thinker with project management skills, who has a keen eye for detail, multi-tasking, and can close upsell opportunities. This a great opportunity for someone that has worked in customer success or account management roles for at least seven years who wants to build a customer success organization in a hot startup.
If you thrive working in a fast-paced environment, where job responsibilities may be not perfectly defined, and are ready to step into a customer success leadership role, we want to hear from you!
- Assist our clients with day-to-day management and troubleshooting
- Manage and respond to inbound inquiries
- Drive adoption of Otter - blocking and tackling barriers to adoption and success
- Effectively lead initiatives that require collaboration across several internal resources and stakeholders, including but not limited to: sales, product, engineering, and growth
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of weekly/monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor, analyze, and forecast a customer’s usage of our products
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- In addition to being hands on you must hire, manage and motivate a team of customer success professionals. We anticipate two to three new hires within the first six months.
- This role will report to the General Manager, Revenue & Partnerships but will work cross-functionally across departments
- Seven to Ten years of client-focused experience (customer success and/or account management preferred)
- SaaS experience required
- High proficiency in Salesforce and Master Data Management (MDM)
- Highly effective multi-tasker that can work across teams
- Can lead technical customer conversations
- Passion for organization and project management (PMI certification desirable but not mandatory)
- Quick to learn and help communicate technical concepts to clients
- Great communication skills both internally and externally. You are punctual and always answer emails and calls within 12 hours.
- Excellent problem resolution skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Super independent and self-sufficient. You need little management, only coaching and mentorship.
- Type S(tartup) personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive (no exceptions).
- Will be required to work from Otter.ai Los Altos office three days each week, may alternate with co-working space in San Francisco.
- Stock. Be a [literal] stakeholder in our company’s future.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals and boundless snacks.
- Fun. We host team lunches weekly and team events bi-quarterly.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance.
*Otter.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are dedicated to inclusivity.
**Please note: Otter.ai does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Otter.ai employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.