At Otter.ai, we are adding new life to conversations of all types. Our Ambient Voice Intelligence™ technology processes verbal conversations to derive usable text and identify speakers. It is integrated with a variety of applications. Our direct-to-end user product will change meetings by generating interactive notes that are saved in one place and ready for sharing. Leading unified communications and online collaboration providers partner with Otter.ai to offer transcription, deep content search, summarization, and conversational analytics.
Our main product is Otter: a smart, note-taking and collaboration app that empowers you to remember, search, and share your voice conversations. Try it now on http://otter.ai
, and Google Play
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative, and creative leader who will work directly with the co-founders to define the brand vision of Otter.ai and deliver design solutions to achieve that vision.
The ideal candidate will bring extensive experience in designing social and productivity applications that people love, be hands-on, resourceful, and ready to fill in the gaps in the organization where needed.
- Complement our existing brand identity with your own strategic creative vision to send the right emotional signals to our customers and users
- Create user-centered design solutions for the Otter.ai product that offer a seamless, consistent user experience across iOS, Android, and Web platforms, drive user engagement and social sharing to increase retention, virality and network effect
- Understand user needs and motivations uncovered in research, communicate research insights, and integrate them into product design to contribute to user features and functionality
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes for early-stage design explorations and usability studies
- Deliver polished visual designs, UX/UI flows, and clear specs to our Engineering team with smooth handoff
- Develop marketing design solutions for all mediums, app, web, corporate website, email, print, and copywriting, ensuring a cohesive vision of Otter.ai's identity in all audience facing respects
- Develop design best practices and style guide for the organization
- 5+ years of experience in designing for highly viral, mass-market consumer product with tens of millions of users
- A portfolio demonstrating strong design process, interaction, visual design, and copywriting skills
- Portfolio featuring user-centered design across multiple mediums, app, web, marketing, events and copywriting
- Solid understanding of user-centered and web design principles
- Strong communication skills in presenting design ideas visually, verbally, and in writing, and articulating design decisions to a non-design audience
- Fluency with standard design software tools, including Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, After Effects, Proto.io
- Stock. Be a [literal] stakeholder in our company’s future.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals and boundless snacks.
- Fun. We host team lunches weekly and team events bi-quarterly.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance.
*Otter.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are dedicated to inclusivity.
**Please note: Otter.ai does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Otter.ai employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.