AirMap is making drones part of everyday life by building the airspace services platform to let innovation take flight.
AirMap’s worldwide low-altitude airspace platform presently supports over one million end users and is designed to scale with the forecasted growth of UAS operations, both in terms of number of operations and sophistication/autonomy. The platform is made available through AirMap’s Software Development Kits (SDK), Application Programming Interfaces (API), iOS Application, Android Application, and Web accessible application. AirMap’s SDK and APIs allow drone manufacturers to connect to and deliver airspace information and services to their end users directly in the flight management software being used to operate the aircraft.
AirMap investors include Microsoft, Airbus, Qualcomm, Sony and Lux Capital. Our manufacturer partners DJI, senseFly, Yuneec, Intel, Aeryon Labs, and others have adopted the AirMap platform and deployed these services to millions of end-users globally. AirMap’s integrations of these services reach more than 85% of commercial and recreational UAS operators worldwide.
As our Territory Sales Manager, you’ll be the leader of all sales of product and services activity within your designated Territory. Our clients span all business sectors and sizes. When it comes to UTM Services and Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), you are the expert; this can be demonstrated by a track record of happy, reference-willing customers. They appreciate your technical acumen, fairness, problem solving skills and your diligence; no details about customer requirements get by you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of unmanned traffic management technology. The candidate should be comfortable working for a dynamic, technical organization with a rapidly evolving product and customer base; must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally when responding to emails, RFPs, etc., and when submitting reports; and need to be organized and analytical, and be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
Other responsibilities include:
- Consistently negotiates and closes new business.
- Develops and maintains an effective business plan for sales both direct and indirect for assigned region.
- Maximize close rates and sales through direct sales for strategic opportunities and channels.
- Structure and manage relationships with new and existing systems integrators, VARs, and strategic partners.
- Properly forecasts monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region.
- Consistently maintains a reasonable number of new weekly face-to-face prospect and partner meetings.
- Participate in executive meetings as required to communicate status, ideas, progress, and issues related to your region
- Documents all sales contacts and activities in AirMap’s Salesforce CRM sales tool.
- Establishes feedback mechanisms from customers, prospects, and partners to the Product Management department.
- Provides constant feedback to Sales Management
- Accurately qualifies and prepares Solution Engineers and other sales team members for customer demonstrations and presentations.
- Shares input with Product Marketing in preparing sales materials and technical publications.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- BA in a business or technical related area of study
- Minimum of 2 years experience selling software solutions
- Corporate/Enterprise High Technology sales experience
- Knowledgeable about Unmanned Traffic Management Services as plus.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Successful track record meeting assigned quotas.
- Successful experience identifying, qualifying, and closing new business.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales, and marketing plans.
- Knowledge of software direct and reseller sales channels.
- Ability to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate complex contracts.
- Strong ability to create sales presentation messages, positioning statements, and other sales collateral.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required.
- Various means of travel are required, including air travel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Interacts with sales, marketing and external customers.
AirMap provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, parental or pregnancy status, veteran status or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, AirMap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which AirMap has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.