AirMap is looking for a strong team player with a very positive attitude who has strong experience in requirement and feature definition for a two-sided platform product. In this role you will be responsible for AirMaps developer experience and our billable products, owning all aspects from onboarding to API- and service design. This role will work internally with engineering, marketing and business development as well as externally with developer, operators and Air-Navigation-Service-Providers at global scale to define and deliver platform products. This is a highly visible role with high impact on AirMaps growing business and UTM-Technology (Unmanned Traffic Management) ecosystem at large.
- Research and design APIs and services to fit a variety of customer needs from developers and drone operators to ANSPs (Air Navigation Service Providers)
- Lead AirMaps developer efforts, work cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders to create experiences that make AirMap easy to use and integrate with
- Own AirMaps billable product lifecycle through planning, design, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Translate market requirements into product requirements suitable for Engineering and other teams to take actions
You may be a good fit if some of the following describes you:
- Have 4+ years experience in platform or billing product roles and a BA/BS degree in computer science
- Thrive in ambiguity, AirMap is a startup operating in a new space. We are solving problems for the first time with little or no examples.
- A love for the details, the ecosystem is complex and designing UTM services requires going deep and understanding and balancing a myriad of dependencies
- Highly technical, you aren’t afraid to get into the weeds to fully understand a problem even if it requires a little coding to wrap your head around
- Proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for platform and/or billing products
- Have a track record of implementing and managing cloud-based subscription billing solutions (such as TRACT from goTransverse or similar products) or have worked with usage-based billing solutions with real-time usage tracking and service fulfillment/service delivery management
Bonus points if:
- You own a drone
- You are intrigued by maps and geospatial problems
- You're multilingual and like to work with the world
- Experience in B2B billing complexity, API monetization integration pattern, Billing on behalf / Third party billing
- Passion for, or background in aviation
AirMap provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, parental or pregnancy status, veteran status or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, AirMap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which AirMap has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.