The Successful candidate for this position is someone who works well individually and as a member of a small team. They can stay on task with their direct supervisor at a different location. When given a list of tasks to complete, can prioritize and complete all tasks in a given time frame. Must be hard working and willing to learn on the fly. Enjoys troubleshooting older equipment as well as installing new equipment. Being professional and punctual is imperative.
As an HVAC-R technician onsite you will be responsible for performing services, reacting to service calls and ensuring the preventative maintenance schedule is met each week. You will also need to file reports with customer and head office, ensure customer is satisfied with service work being provided onsite, coordinate with head office for purchase and supply of parts required for keeping on service schedule. Must be able to read and interpret diagrams, shop drawings, and blueprints. Will perform electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in an industrial factory/mill setting on industrial size refrigeration units and household units.
The work requires proficient electrician techniques, excellent mechanical skills, thorough HVAC-R knowledge, and capability to meet deadlines with extraordinary quality of work on a consistent basis under minimum supervision. This position is critical to maintaining the company’s reputation for extreme high quality and best in class customer and product support.
- Read and interpret and manuals to perform task at hand
- Perform maintenance and service on refrigeration equipment.
- Replace refrigeration components.
- Expansion valves
- Braze copper refrigeration lines.
- Troubleshoot a variety of systems for electrical and mechanical issues. Typical units:
- Window units & residential style units
- Industrial units
- Commercial units
- Perform electrical and mechanical connections based on project needs
- Ensure workstation and service truck are well organized, safe, and functional at all times
- Participate in safety training and ensure all safety requirements are met
- Maintain required certifications (licenses, certifications, ect.)
- Ability to travel around customer sites to diagnose and repair units
- Performs other duties as required to support the department mission and serve customers
- Be on call for after hours service requests (per schedule)
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
- Technical College certification/training preferred
- 3 years in refrigeration preferred
- Skilled and experienced with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting techniques
- Willing to perform other duties to meet maintenance schedule needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with any and all business associates
- Skilled in maintenance of refrigeration equipment. Including commercial units and smaller residential type units
PHYSICAL ASPECTS OF THE POSITION:
- Requires prolonged stooping, bending, kneeling, standing and lifting
- Must be able to weld while wearing all required PPE
- Must be able to use common shop equipment and communication devices
- Must have the endurance to work until the job is done