AirDNA is a technology startup revolutionizing the vacation rental industry. In just a few short years, AirDNA has established itself as the leading provider of data and analytics for the $140 billion dollar industry.
Our customer roster includes a who’s who of investment banks, hotels, hedge funds, real estate investors, and vacation rental pros. We are bootstrapped, profitable, and looking to take the world by storm in 2020 and beyond.
We are democratizing lodging one customer at a time.
AirDNA is looking for a Data Engineer to help us improve and build a solid and scalable data infrastructure and analytical environment. The ideal candidate enjoys data wrangling, optimizing data pipelines, and building solutions for data collection and analysis. The AirDNA infrastructure currently processes billions of data points and hosts databases well into terabyte-size ranges, making this an interesting and challenging opportunity.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Build, maintain, and monitor data pipelines
- Cluster management
- Tune Spark job performance
- Maintain deployment pipelines for data infrastructure
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- 3 or more years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience developing cloud based pipelines
- Experience with Spark
- Knowledge of Python and/or Scala
- Experience building Data Pipelines
- Experience with developing and deploying cloud-based data solutions
- Experience in any of the following is considered to be an asset: streaming technology such as Kafka or Google Pub/Sub, Databricks, AWS / GCP, Postgres, Protobuf, Snowflake or other Data Warehousing, and Test Driven Development
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits
- Meaningful equity upside—we are a small team with no outside investors and want every hire to share in our long term financial success
- We have a great LoDo office space, a short walk from the Union Station light-rail stop; enjoy coffee, tea, beer, snacks, bike parking and great food and drink nearby
The AirDNA Team
We're a tight-knit group who care about empowering the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. We like to work hard. We believe in work/life balance because we make work a fun environment you’ll want to be a part of. We all wear multiple hats and are working on at least 5 projects at a time. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day.