As a Product Designer at Aira, you will have the opportunity to craft the product roadmap, contribute to defining our design methodologies, and build great products that solve a genuinely meaningful problem. You enjoy learning about and implementing the latest design principles. We’re looking for a product designer to help us achieve many of the goals we have on our roadmap. Because of our small size, designers wear many hats: one day you may be working on user research and testing, the next day you may be focused solely on wire-framing new product specs.
- Apply strategic thinking to deliver end-to-end user experience solutions with a focus on user needs and business objectives.
- Build extraordinary user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings.
- Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements.
- Utilize industry design standards and standard methodologies to define and implement design criteria, guidelines, and specs.
- Collaborate effectively with engineering, product management, marketing, stakeholders, and other team members.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes.
- Utilize your deep knowledge of experience design to optimize our current UX. Your goal is to reduce friction anywhere you see it.
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of application features.
- Present design work to the product team, engineering team, executives and external partners for review and feedback.
- 2-3 years experience in interaction design/UX, visual design/UI. Your work is rooted in user research and your understanding of how people think.
- The confidence to speak your mind and the eloquence to do so effectively.
- Knowledge of Web, iOS, and Android design standards.
- An inclination toward learning and teaching.
- Deep understanding of the user-centered design process, with a proven ability to deliver projects.
- Ability to connect design decisions back to business objectives and user research, and to work with partners, like the engineering and marketing teams, to build consensus.
- Extraordinary communication skills, and the ability to clearly explain design decisions to anyone in the company.
- Able to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build').
- Ability to provide detailed specifications, mockups/prototypes, and style guides.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools including Sketch, Axure, and Invision.