Aira is looking for a rockstar to lead our Android AI application development. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining an Android application that describes the visual world to people who rely on it every day. You will expand the capabilities of our dialog engine and the deep learning brain that powers the voice of "Chloe", Aira’s Virtual Agent. Together with a team of machine learning experts and a portfolio of trade-secret deep learning algorithms you'll add AI features normally reserved for self-driving cars, autonomous robots, or high-performance computing environments.
Because the Chloe app is the sole occupant of our custom Android device, you will have complete control over an Android platform and all its resources. You won't have to share with other apps or services. But you will have to share with your team. You must be confident building multi-threaded Android applications in a collaborative environment where your code must be both performant and maintainable. A TDD workflow will serve you well. You will have at your disposal working prototype's of Chloe's brain in Python to accelerate your design and architecture decisions.
Since we will be delivering a rooted Android device with a voice-only interface you will need to be comfortable customizing video and audio drivers, and native development. Experience with both NDK and SDK is a must. An aptitude for understanding and implementing AI algorithms (Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, ML, Neural Networks, Tensorflow) would also serve you well.
We have a service that connects blind customers via video-streaming smart glasses to human Agents located throughout the US and is hiring the next uniquely talented designer to join our growing team.
There are an estimated 30 million blind and low-vision people in the United States and over 300m worldwide. Innovation for these customers requires ultimate usability, creativity, and forward-looking solutions.
Our goal is to develop leading technology and services that help remove remaining barriers for the visually impaired, expanding their possibilities to live with greater confidence and independence.
Your goal is to convince us why you are the right person for this role.
Spotlight worthy product - From the WSJ to CNN to CNBC, we keep racking up the accolades for our award-winning technology that was built by, for and with the blind & visually impaired community. Imagine, that your product is so transformative that the industry is taking notice, larger tech partners such as Google, AT&T, AWS and more are deeply collaborating.
Talent Density - Join a proven team with diverse backgrounds who eagerly await your contributions. We are a low-ego yet fiercely competitive and passionate group who will not shy away from a challenge and who deliver as a team.
Passionate Customers, Marquee Financing - Aira’s solution compares the invention of the white cane and our customers are passionate fans; with strong Venture backing from marquee tech investors we have a solid financial runway to support our massive growth.
- You will be responsible for developing new features, fixing bugs, brainstorming new ideas, ensuring accessible applications and driving key development functionalities.
- You will be working on Android applications, wearables such as Google Glass.
- You will work with video and audio streaming technologies, stringing technologies such as UVC and WebRTC. Given an Android device from a third party manufacturer, you will be tasked to crack the firmware and deploy our Android code.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years of experience in the industry
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- NDK and SDK
- Java & C++
- some Kotlin and Python
- BLE and WiFi Android services
- Video/audio streaming technologies, including WebRTC
- Video/audio codecs like H.264, H.265, VP8, VP9
- Video and USB drivers (C++ on Android)
- Android debugger and trace logging
- Worked on AWS
- Have deployed applications to Play Store
- Have deployed applications that are remotely managed
- Competitive salary with early stage equity
- No compromise, top-tier medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, beers, with team lunch and happy hours
- We are strong believers of work-life balance. Work hard and take days off when you need
- We are located in La Jolla UTC with gym access
- A shiny new MacBook