We’re looking for an entry level Pharmacy Technician, eager to gain a better understanding of various aspects of Pharmacy. The tech will work directly with the Pharmacist to fulfill prescription medication orders, prepare orders for shipment and maintain inventory control according to manufacturer recommendations.
What You’ll (Primarily) Do:
- Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, will
- Enter prescription information into the pharmacy computer system
- Enter patient information into the pharmacy computer system
- Count, measure, prepare and label prescriptions according to state and local laws
- Maintain dispensing records and logs
- Prepare orders for shipment if needed
- Clean pharmacy equipment
- Initiate communication with prescribers for clarification of missing prescription information as directed by the pharmacist and allowed under state and local law
- Accept refill requests
- Order and receive pharmacist approved medication orders from suppliers
- Inspect drug supply and storage areas for damaged, expired or unusable stock
- Other, as allowed by state and local law
- Answer phone & assist customers
- Intake/Process referrals through to completion when needed
What We’re Looking For:
- Valid and current Pharmacy Technician Certification registered with appropriate deeming authority
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18+ years of age
- 1+ Years’ experience in pharmacy practice
- Good interactive skills with employees, supervisors, referral sources, and consumers
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- May require standing or frequent use of computer keyboard & sitting for extended periods
- Fluency in Spanish or Korean preferred
- Must possess good attention to detail
The ahma Rx Story
Can a pharmacy improve the lives of its patients? Can we make it easier to get the right medications and clear the path filled with endless paperwork? Can we change the idea of this process to a journey, from just mechanically taking medicine to finding growth in better health? These are questions we ask ourselves every day.
This is about walking with our patients and being their voice. This is about opening the communication cycle between the doctor, the patient and the insurer. We believe the future of pharmacy is not solely based on technological advancements but also in the way we connect with patients.
This is the evolution of the pharmacy who puts people first.
ahma Rx is an independently owned hybrid community / specialty pharmacy whose mission is to simplify the prescription journey through elevated customer care. Ahma is literally rooted in love and care which means we fully embrace the point of view of putting patient care first.
We believe the foundation of that level of care starts with the people that make up our team. Because of that, our priority is finding the right people and equipping them to work in an environment where they can thrive. We hope our vision resonates with you and we’d love to hear from you.