Agility Robotics works at the forefront of robotics, creating novel engineering solutions in a relatively unexplored application space. We seek a technical patent writer to work closely with our engineering team, to prepare patent applications and coordinate with our patent lawyers to file them. This work will involve discussing a wide range of technical ideas in mechanical, electrical, and software control topics, as well as higher-level system and application ideas, with engineering and company leadership; doing prior art searches; drafting ideas with clarity and technical accuracy; and working with the patent lawyers and the engineering team to craft the claims and file applications. There is significant opportunity in this job to learn about a variety of new technologies, learn to identify inventive features, learn to describe the inventions, distinguish prior patents and publications, draft arguments, and learn claim drafting.
- Bachelors and/or Master degree in robotics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or closely related fields.
- Technical writing experience.
- Two years of patent or general intellectual property experience is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, have exceptional attention to detail and a strong will to learn.
- Possess the ability to explain and describe new technologies in a way that is concise and descriptive.
- Eligibility to work in the USA.