All of our roles are currently on hold. We are re-evaluating day by day but we’d still love to hear from you
With the availability of our new robot Digit, customers can for the first time, apply agile bipedal mobility to solve real world problems. Equipped with Agility’s mobility controller, perception, and arms, Digits can move through and interact with the world. This capability expands our markets to logistics, inspection, defense, telepresence and entertainment.
Agility’s Pittsburgh office leads the company’s market expansion effort through its sales and application engineering functions. Our Robotics Application Engineer works closely with Agility sales to identify and clarify customer requirements and advocate for a Digit solution. He or she will develop and operate the standard Digit demonstration for customer visits and trade shows. After the sale, the Robotics Application Engineer will train Digit buyers, lead the robot installation and acceptance process at the customer site, and help the customer develop new applications for Digit. He or she will develop robot documentation to support Digit operation, maintenance and API use.
This position offers the opportunity for an accomplished and creative roboticist to help field state-of-the-art bipeds into a variety of market applications. As such, he or she will strongly influence future product development through frequent interaction with Agility engineering and senior management.
- Greater than 3 years experience developing or supporting mobile robot solutions
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or similar
- Comfortable with hands-on robot operation, particularly in high impact customer demonstrations
- Willingness and ability to learn Digit robot hardware and software architecture and basic legged locomotion principles
- Basic programming ability to integrate software through Digit API
- Good listening, verbal and written communication skills
- At least 33% travel required
- Experience integrating ROS software into mobile robots
- Strong writer to support development of Digit documentation
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity for all employees
- Employer-matched 401K retirement plan
- High quality heath, dental and vision insurance
- Five weeks vacation
- Unlimited sick days
- Strong work-life balance emphasis