All of our roles are currently on hold. We are re-evaluating day by day but we’d still love to hear from you
With the availability of our new robot Digit, customers can for the first time, apply agile bipedal mobility to solve real world problems. Equipped with Agility’s mobility controller, perception, and arms, Digits can move through and interact with the world. This capability expands our markets to logistics, inspection, defense, telepresence and entertainment.
Agility’s Pittsburgh office leads the company’s market expansion effort through its sales and application engineering functions. This position will work closely with Agility’s VP of Business Development to identify and clarify customer requirements and advocate for a Digit solution. Broad robotics expertise equips him or her to propose and help implement creative applications of the innovative Digit platform that satisfy customer requirements. As necessary, the Senior Robotics Application Engineer will develop custom demonstrations or provide customer paid-for consulting to prove value and support closures.
This position offers the opportunity for an accomplished and creative roboticist to field state-of-the-art bipeds into a variety of market applications. As such, he or she will strongly influence future product development through frequent interaction with Agility engineering and senior management. In addition, as a senior-level position, the applicant should expect to lead the growing technical team based in Pittsburgh, and be comfortable with a shift to >50% team-leader role over time.
- Greater than 7 years experience developing and supporting mobile robot solutions
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or similar
- Ability to program in C++ and/or Python at a professional level
- Broad understanding of robot mechanisms, architectures and autonomy
- Experience and comfort with supporting prototype hardware in the field, including the ability to quickly and accurately debug customer issues and work with remote engineers
- Ability to learn and communicate legged locomotion principles to customers
- Ability to integrate higher level functions (perception, planning) to Digit via a published API
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills and extensive presentation experience
- At least 25% travel required
- Concentration in a robotics specialty, preferably perception, control or manipulation
- Experience integrating ROS software into mobile robots
- Ability to write compelling consulting proposals, case studies and application notes
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity for all employees
- Employer-matched 401K retirement plan
- High quality heath, dental and vision insurance
- Five weeks vacation
- Unlimited sick days
- Strong work-life balance emphasis