We are building legged robots to be fluid, dynamic, and agile, to approach and eventually exceed animal mobility, using legs, arms, and perception. The mechanical team at Agility Robotics coordinates closely with the controls team to ensure that the hardware is made with control in mind; ensuring that the sensing, actuation, and passive-dynamic behavior will enable excellent control. As an integrated team, we design behaviors through cooperation between control software and mechanical passive dynamics.
Agility Robotics seeks robotics and controls engineers with experience applying rigorous mathematical tools to dynamic machines. Experience with legged locomotion is not necessary, and depending on the specific approach, may or may not be helpful. If you have used trajectory optimization tools, controlled a juggling robot, a ping-pong playing robot, or anything involving multiple joints and fast, dynamic motion, you begin to have the background we seek.
- Demonstrated excellence in software engineering using C++
- B.S, M.S., or Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, computer science, or similar
- Experience developing, debugging, and optimizing real-time controls on highly dynamic machines
- Strong intuition for physical movement in machines, and insight into the physics of motion
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Forward and Inverse Kinematics and Dynamics
- Underactuated controls development
- Sensor fusion and state estimation
- Motion planning and vision processing
- Code control and revision tracking