Agility Robotics builds hardware that is second to none. Because we are pushing the envelope in terms of performance, nearly all aspects of our robots are custom designed. A mechanical design engineer in our company will work in a small, very capable team to design all aspects of a legged robot with arms, including transmissions, limb configurations and linkages, sensor mounts, benchtop test rigs, and so on. At Agility, engineers build prototypes, and experience the consequences of design choices for manufacturability. Further, mechanical design at Agility Robotics includes design of passive dynamics, to create mechanical behaviors that integrate closely with software control systems to generate the desired behaviors. A background in dynamics and controls along with mechanical design will be helpful for this position.
- SolidWorks expert
- Have designed sophisticated mechanisms with sensors and actuators (ideally, a robot)
- 5+ years experience sending dimensioned drawings to fabricators for manufacture
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Dynamics and Controls experience
- CNC machining and other manufacturing experience
- Experience with mobile machines, lightweight and rugged manufacturing
- Robotics experience: sensor integration, automated moving components under load.
- Electronics and sensor integration
- Electric motor and transmission design
To apply, please include in your cover letter one or more images of mechanisms you have designed.