Agility Robotics builds highly dynamic legged robots that walk run, and will go wherever people go. To achieve this, robots are designed from the ground up, including custom PCBs, and embedded code designed along with the mechanical and software team. Examples include power electronics and BLDC servo amplifier design, sensor integration (encoders, cameras, load cells, thermal sensors, etc.), EtherCAT data bus integration, wiring harness design, interfaces to external perception sensors, battery management, and integration with a user interface via wireless connections.
We seek an experienced electrical engineer to join our existing team, designing electronics for robots and contributing to the management of our engineering team. Applicants should feel comfortable designing and assembling one-off boards for rapid prototyping as well as cost-effective boards for production.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5 years experience designing PCBs, working with embedded software, microcontrollers, data buses, etc.
- Experience with assembling and debugging PCBs and electronic components by hand
- Experience managing small engineering teams: scheduling, bug tracking, design reviews, etc.
- Experience working with robotic systems, power electronics, high-speed bus design, and/or DFM
- Extensive experience with sensors typically found on robotic systems
- Familiarity with other levels of mechatronic system design, such as low level embedded system coding, high level control systems, and mechanical design
- Authorized to work in the USA