Agility is building the highest performance robots possible. This means creating primarily custom PCBs, electronic systems, and embedded code designed along with the mechanical and software team. Examples include battery management, sensor integration, EtherCAT data bus integration, wiring harness design, power electronics and BLDC servo amplifier design, interfaces to external perception sensors, and integration with a user interface via wireless connections. We seek an electrical engineer to join our existing team, designing and assembling electronics for robots. Applicants should feel comfortable designing and assembling one-off boards for rapid prototyping as well as cost-effective boards for production.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5 years experience designing PCBs, working with embedded software, microcontrollers, data buses, etc.
- Experience with assembling and debugging PCBs and electronic components by hand
- Experience working with robotic systems, power electronics, high-speed bus design, and/or DFM
- Extensive experience with sensors typically found on robotic systems
- Familiarity with other levels of mechatronic system design, such as low level embedded system coding, high level control systems, and mechanical design
- Authorized to work in the USA