Agility Robotics is a growing startup company that develops advanced robots for legged mobility. In other words, we build robots that walk and run, and will go anywhere people can go. Our machines integrate extensive machine design, custom electronics, and advanced control software for real-time operation.
Our team of engineers is highly capable and highly motivated. As Engineering Project Manager, you will coordinate the many facets of our robot design efforts and robot builds, meeting regularly with engineering leads, and tracking resources, effort, and schedules. You will ask questions consistently, and coordinate everyone’s effort to ensure all aspects of robot development converge at the right time, and our robots are delivered to customers on budget and on time. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
- Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, coordinate robot development so the mechanical design, electronic design, and software development schedules converge effectively.
- Coordinate testing for reliability and performance of subsystems, prior to integration as a system.
- Meet regularly with the CTO and engineering leads, facilitate communication between team members, track goals and coordinate project-level resources and timelines.
- Work with our purchasing manager and our engineers to facilitate communication, track budgets, and define and follow the project schedule.
- Work with the team to assign tasks, sub-projects, and sub-deadlines throughout the team.
- Work with the CTO to identify engineering need and appropriate hiring schedule.
- Help to manage team interactions and workload for maximum creativity, efficiency, and effectiveness, not maximum hours worked.
- Candidates must have strong leadership background, and effective communications skills.
- Experience with robotic platforms, or any integrated mechanical/electrical/software system, in an academic, commercial, or industrial setting.
- Strong technical skills in software or hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, or related fields.
- 3+ years experience doing engineering work.
- 3+ years of experience in a related managerial position.
- Experience in managing technical programs and ensuring timely and effective completion.
- Desire to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, results-oriented startup environment, while recognizing the importance of work-life balance.