Job Title: Engineering Site Facilities Team Leader
Salary: Circa £40k plus excellent benefits
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday with some occasional weekend working
What we’re looking for...
AG Barr is looking for an Engineering Site Facilities Team Leader to ensure that all grounds, buildings, services, utilities and related equipment is serviced, maintained and operated to maximise production and to ensure the site remains a safe working environment with well maintained facilities. All areas to be run to minimise cost impact and be in accordance with all audit programs including BRC and Risk audits. Maintain services contracts, Health and
Safety in the workplace and to work within a controlled budget, maintaining site legal compliances.
Your responsibilities will include...
As Engineering Site Facilities Team Leader your responsibilities will include;
- Instigate and monitor the performance of planned maintenance programmes and schedules recommending improvements where appropriate, to ensure efficiencies are maximised. Areas of responsibility include the services plant (LP air, HP air, Steam, Water/Effluent, Chilling, Electrical Distribution), the HVAC system, the fire alarm, the sprinkler system, the stores, the grounds and the office spaces.
- Monitor the status of the services quality checks and monitor services performance and energy data, adjusting machinery as necessary to ensure 100% service targets are achieved and quality standards maintained.
- Keep control of the process side of the site in maintaining valves pipework and plant conditioning.
- Analyse services efficiency, wastage and downtime data with a view to identifying areas for performance improvement.
- As the Specific Machine Expert (SME) for services, both locally and company wide, you will be the key contact for resolution of problems, and development of machine specifications. You will also have input into capital projects as necessary.
- Lead the team of the Maintenance Coordinator and Facilities Engineer
- Plan with the Maintenance Manager the Weekly Engineering Tasks (PM and Corrective Work Orders), recommending improvements where appropriate, to ensure efficiencies are maximised and manage the allocation and completion of tasks and to ensure works orders are completed on time for area of accountability.
- Identify and drive optimisation projects aimed at increased environmental performance and cost reduction.
- Maintain our flow monitoring system Elcomponents and collating the information to give to the business.
What you’ll bring...
The successful candidate will have;
- Preferably been educated to degree level in a Mechanical/Electrical engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ engineering experience, within a services, facilities or FMCG environment.
- Experience of statutory requirements associated with maintaining facilities and site services (BOAS, HASAWA, COSHH, LOLER, PSR, PUWER etc.).
- In depth knowledge of maintenance systems and processes.
- Proven knowledge and experience of initiating and implementing continuous improvements, lean manufacturing and Six sigma techniques.
- Strong IT skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office programs and experience of using CMMS systems.
- Experience of managing a team, maintenance planning and work scheduling
We are Barr - Are you?
We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive culture where your voice can be heard. Our skilled, loyal and committed people are critical to the future success of AG Barr which is why we are continually investing in our employees to develop their talent.
We look after our employees by offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes;
- 33 days holiday
- Flexible holiday trading
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Flexible benefits e.g. discounts & cashbacks, gym memberships, technology purchases etc
- Life assurance
- Save as you earn scheme
- Staff sales discount
- Free AG Barr products throughout your working day
- Annual salary review
- Ongoing professional development
- Flexible working requests
And much more!
We are about Being Brilliant. We are Always Learning. We are Results Driven and we Build Relationships that deliver.
To find out more about what it is like to work for AG Barr, please visit our careers platform here.
If you have the passion to succeed in this challenging, but highly rewarding and key role please apply now!
Closing date is 28th February 2020