Job Title: Senior Engineer
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £40k plus shift allowance (approx £5300)
Hours - 3 shift pattern on weekly rotation- days/earlies/lates - Monday to Friday
We’re looking for…
AG Barr are looking for a Senior Engineer at their Milton Keynes facility to ensure that all
machinery and equipment is installed, maintained and operated to maximise production output and efficiencies, recommending and implementing improvements where
Our large factories produce multi formats across a number of high speed modern lines,
producing to high quality standards whilst maximising production outputs and minimising
overhead costs. The Senior Engineer Technician leads a team of Engineer Technicians and
reports to the Engineering Manager.
Your responsibilities will include…
As Senior Engineer you will be responsible for:
Planning with the Engineering Manager the Weekly Engineering Tasks (PM and Corrective Work Orders), recommending improvements where appropriate to ensure efficiencies are maximised. Manage the allocation and completion of tasks and ensure works orders are completed on time for area of accountability.
- The Specific Machine Expert (SME) for equipment (Process, Fillers, Packaging), both locally and company wide, you will be the key contact for resolution of problems, and development of machine specifications. You will also have input into capital projects as necessary.
- Leading a team of Engineering Technicians utilising AG BARR Performance Review Process, covering BARR behaviours, individuals learning and development and objectives with monthly 121 meetings.
- Using AG BARR data sources to provide information into the zonal improvement meetings and attend, follow up actions from these meetings.
- Working with the Engineering Manager to review and analyse line efficiency, wastage and downtime data and develop an emerging work strategy and where necessary launch and coordinate A3 improvement programs.
- Carrying out all duties in accordance with safe working practices and factory hygiene standards.
- Producing detailed written reports when and where required i.e. downtime sheets and line log books. Audit minimum 10% of the maintenance tasks ensuring they are completed to the correct standard.
- Coordinating modular / overhaul plans for the lines in cooperation with the Engineering Manager
- Managing small capital projects (<£10k), particularly in maintenance systems, and be conversant in simple project management skills. Manage and control budget for areas of accountability.
The successful candidate will have...
Preferably been educated to degree level in a Mechanical/Electrical engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ engineering experience, within a complex high speed production unit.
- Experience of maintenance systems and processes within a high speed production line or multi skilled FMCG environment.
- Experienced initiating/implementing continuous improvements and specific knowledge of lean manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, both verbal and written to ensure all work activity is briefed to the engineering and production teams. A large part of the role will involve the production of documentation for use by others (SOP’s / OPLs) and also discussion on performance of the equipment following modifications with shift workers via email.
- Experience of managing a team, maintenance planning and work scheduling.
- Experience of level 2 issue support including Root Cause Analysis and Recurrence Prevention.
- Strong IT skills
We are Barr - Are you?
We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive culture where your voice can be heard. Our skilled, loyal and committed people are critical to the future success of AG Barr which is why we are continually investing in our employees to develop their talent.
We look after our employees by offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes;
- 33 days holiday
- Flexible holiday trading
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Flexible benefits e.g. discounts & cashbacks, gym memberships, technology purchases etc
- Life assurance
- Save as you earn scheme
- Staff sales discount
- Free AG Barr products throughout your working day
- Annual salary review
- Ongoing professional development
- Flexible working requests
And much more!
We are about Being Brilliant. We are Always Learning. We are Results Driven and we build Relationships That Matter.
To find out more about what it is like to work for AG Barr, please visit our careers platform here.
If you have the passion to succeed in this challenging, but highly rewarding and key role please apply now!
Closing date for applications is 11th March 2020