Job Title: Engineering Technician
Salary: £37,256 plus shift premium (£50,295) and excellent benefits
Shift pattern; Continental (3 days on/3 days off/3 nights on/3 nights off)
Location: Milton Keynes
What we’re looking for...
AG Barr are looking for an Engineering Technician to ensure that all machinery and equipment is installed, maintained and operated to maximise production output and efficiencies.
Our large factories produce multi formats across a number of high speed modern lines, producing to high quality standards whilst maximising production outputs and minimising overhead costs.
The Engineering Technician is part of a team of Technicians reporting to the Senior Engineering Technician.
Your responsibilities will include...
As Engineering Technician your responsibilities will include;
- Carry out planned maintenance programmes and schedules recommending improvements where appropriate, to ensure efficiencies are maximised.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and repair breakdowns promptly to ensure downtime is minimised.
- Analyse line efficiency, wastage and downtime data with a view to identifying areas for performance improvement.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with safe working practices and factory hygiene standards.
- Produce detailed written reports when and where required i.e. downtime sheets and line log books.
- When identifying faulty equipment consult manufacturers manuals & read detailed mechanical exploded drawings so correct replacement parts can be ordered.
- Operate machinery if required to ensure efficient manufacturing team working.
- Champion a part of the line taking ownership producing SOP’s and PPM’s improve efficiency and and throughput of the line
What you’ll bring...
The successful candidate will have;
- Been educated to City & Guilds level or equivalent in a Mechanical/Electrical engineering discipline.
- Electrically biased
- Preferably experienced within a multi skilled food manufacturing or FMCG environment.
- In depth knowledge of maintenance systems and processes.
- Proven knowledge and experience of initiating and implementing continuous improvements, lean manufacturing and Six sigma techniques.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good decision making skills, confident and approachable.
We are Barr - Are you?
We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive culture where your voice can be heard. Our skilled, loyal and committed people are critical to the future success of AG Barr which is why we are continually investing in our employees to develop their talent.
We look after our employees by offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes;
- 33 days holiday
- Flexible holiday trading
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Flexible benefits e.g. discounts & cashbacks, gym memberships, technology purchases etc
- Life assurance
- Save as you earn scheme
- Staff sales discount
- Free AG Barr products throughout your working day
- Annual salary review
- Ongoing professional development
- Flexible working requests
And much more!
We are about Being Brilliant. We are Always Learning. We are Results Driven and we Build Relationships that deliver.
To find out more about what it is like to work for AG Barr, please visit our careers platform here.
If you have the passion to succeed in this challenging, but highly rewarding and key role please apply now!
Closing date for applications is 15th March 2020