Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spin-off focused understanding human emotion. Our vision is that technology needs the ability to sense, adapt and respond to not just commands but also nonverbal signals. We are building artificial emotional intelligence (Emotion AI).
As you can imagine, such an ambitious vision takes an outstanding team with a strong desire to explore and innovate. We are growing our team to improve and expand our core technologies and help solve many unique and interesting problems focused around sensing, understanding and adapting to human emotion.
Our first technology measures human emotion through sensing and analyzing facial expressions. This technology is already being used commercially in a number of different verticals and use cases, and has been released to the public in the form of SDKs so that developers around the world can begin to use it to create a new breed of apps, websites and experiences.
Do you love working on groundbreaking automotive projects? If so, you could be the person we are looking for! Join the leaders in emotion recognition to bring Emotion AI into the car.
You will be a member of the engineering team at Affectiva with a focus on automotive products. You will develop code enabling cars to respond to occupant emotions. You will work closely your teammates to roll out new AI products and capabilities and pitch in and help wherever your interests and skills fit. You will help drive our embedded roadmap.
This is a great opportunity to craft solutions never built before and shape the future of the automotive in cabin experience. If you flourish with building new products that have never existed before, if you get excited by creating solutions that take on significant problems. If you like rolling up your sleeves to get things done, then we want to hear from you!
- 3+ years of professional automotive software development
- 1+ years of professional C++ programming
- Strong experience writing embedded software in C/C++
- Knowledge of embedded systems concepts
- Experience with automotive grade embedded and SoC devices (e.g., ARM, DSP)
- Experience debugging software on microcontrollers
- Shipped at least one automotive product
- Experience deploying products in automobiles
- Strong interpersonal skills with the English language
Other Useful Skills and Experience:
- Experience in optimizing code to reduce size, memory/CPU utilization
- Experience using automated tools for unit testing, performance testing, and static/dynamic analysis
- Programming experience in Python
- Multi-core programming experience
- Machine Learning background is a plus
- Computer Vision
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a consistent track record of success at startups
- Weekly catered lunches
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Flexible working hours
- Team outings
- Two days off a week
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.