AdvertiseMint is looking for a fun, energetic and witty individual who has a passion for blogging and current events related to social media. This is an UNPAID academic or experience only internship. We are in need of hard working self starters that can keep up with a fast paced environment to assist our Senior Editor.
Interns are expected to work 1-4 days a week (you choose your days) from the hours of 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday-Friday. This is a two-four month commitment.
- Pitch story ideas during your work day
- Write 1-2 stories during your work day
- Must be skilled in news, article, and blog writing
- Must know English grammar
- Must be interested in digital advertising, business, and social media
- Must know Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- Must know Wordpress
- English, journalism, or creative writing major
- 1-year writing experience
- Knowledge of Chicago or AP style a plus
- Copyediting experience a plus
Expectations of an ideal candidate:
- Self-driven with a willingness to meet and exceed expectations
- Can handle a fast pace environment.
- GREAT attention to detail.
- Sense of initiative, can work well with minimal direction.
- Great decision making skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excels at research. Utilizing all resources to gather information.
- Computer skills and social networking (Office, Photoshop, Facebook, Twitter, blogging).
- Upbeat, high energy level.
- Positive, can-do attitude, go-getter
- Organized, able to think logically.
- Able to take constructive criticism.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Owns laptop to use during internship.
*Please provide 1-2 writing samples