Are you excited using bleeding-edge technology to help businesses thrive and deliver value to their customers? We’re currently looking for a (senior) full stack developer to join our core engineering team.
Advanon is a FinTech startup based in Zürich, awarded 9th place in the Swiss Startup Awards 2019. We offer an online platform that allows small and medium businesses (SMEs) to request financing directly from investors. By that, we help SMEs to improve their cash flow, and for the investors we provide a new, short-term, and high-yielding asset class.
Our current team consists of 18 visionary people coming from diverse backgrounds (Google, ETH, and IBM) and we have 8 different nationalities on the team. We’re looking for people who'd like to work in a very exciting environment with lots of opportunities to bring in their own ideas to contribute to the growth of a successful company.
What you will do:
- Become part of Advanon’s highly motivated engineering team that develops the leading next-generation SME lending platform
- Develop microservices with leading AWS cloud technology (including Serverless, Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, and more)
- Apply modern software engineering principles to build things for scale, reliability, and consistency
- Create tools to automate and optimize critical back-office and operational tasks (e.g., automated financial transactions with external banking provider APIs)
- Develop new views and user flows on the Web user interface of the platform (using React/Redux)
- Enhance our data consolidation and analytics, to support credit risk decisions which decide if companies are allowed on the Advanon platform
- Work closely with business and product owners to analyze, understand, and solve customers’ requirements on the platform
- Generally, we’re looking for people who can contribute full-stack, but depending on your skills and interests, you could focus more on the backend architecture, or on frontend tasks.
What we expect:
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Strong software engineering background, including algorithms, design patterns, concurrency, and distributed computing
- Proficiency in Node.js, Java, and/or Kotlin. Experience with Ruby is a plus, but not required
- You are focused on delivery, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and have a passion for startups
- Valid working permission for the EU or Switzerland
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + share option possibilities
- Top-notch engineering culture, high quality bar, using bleeding-edge technologies
- Work with a group of innovative and passionate professionals building an exceptional product
- Flexibility: define your own working hours, work remotely up to 2 weeks per quarter, and generous extra paid holiday (25 days in contract, additional days granted if targets are being met)
Do you fit the profile we are seeking? Do you love spending time with a motivated and passionate team? If so, we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.