Advanon is looking to add a key new talent to its growing engineering team!
If you have the drive to push forward a B2B FinTech startup that’s leading the invoice financing marketplace in Switzerland, joining our team will put you in a prime position to do just that.
Advanon offers an online platform that allows small and medium businesses (SMEs) to access needed liquidity by selling their open invoices directly to financial investors. As we are growing and extending our portfolio of products, we're evolving the architecture of our platform which opens up some exciting opportunities to develop (micro-)services with a modern tech stack in an agile environment.
Our team consists of 36 (and growing) dedicated people with strong backgrounds (Google, Microsoft, IBM, ETH). We are proud to say we have over 16 different nationalities on the team, a growing presence of women in key roles, and a healthy work-life balance that results in high performance and achievements.
What You Will Do:
- Develop platforms and tools in a motivated team responsible for automating credit risk decisions which decide whether companies are allowed on the Advanon platform
- Implement scalable microservices that provide intelligence and support automation for key parts of the business
- Work closely with experienced engineering leads, credit risk experts, and product managers to ensure alignment between business, product, and engineering
- Independently explore, combine, and consolidate new data sources that are critical for credit risk automation
- Build and optimize data pipelines for our production machine learning projects
- 2+ years experience in development with Node.js, Java/Kotlin, and/or Python
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with Docker, microservices, and serverless computing
- Strong software engineering background, including algorithms, design patterns, concurrency, and distributed computing.
- Experience with Data Warehousing is a plus
- Eager to learn and grow, dive into new technologies, write clean and well-tested code
- Fluent in English
- You are innovative and enjoy going the extra mile to reach success
- Valid working permission for Switzerland or EU citizenship
What We Offer:
- Achieving success with an innovative and passionate group of professionals
- Working in a growing, multiple award-winning FinTech start-up with high ambitions
- Centrally located office in Zurich-Altstetten, with ping-pong table, dart board, free breakfast/snacks and TGIFs
- Compensation includes equity in the company
- An extensive range of fringe benefits:
- Unlimited paid holiday (25 days in the contract, and additional days available upon achieving results
- Annual vacation budget for payment of hotel / flights
- Annual city transport pass
- 3 months paternity / 6 months maternity leave
- Remote work time (2 weeks per quarter
- Advacoins: fill your wallet with Advacoins, and redeem for stuff like gym memberships, Netflix/Spotify accounts, Kindle, or even a Vespa!
If you fit the profile we are seeking, and have the drive to make big contributions in an agile startup environment, upload your CV and cover letter, and we'll get back to you soon.
Please note that for this position we'll start the interview process in July.