Advanon is looking for an exceptional VP of Engineering (potentially CTO) to lead and continue growing our team of highly motivated engineers.
If you have the drive to push forward a leading FinTech startup based in Zürich that uses cutting edge technologies, joining our team will put you in a prime position to do just that.
Advanon uses Java/Kotlin, Ruby, Node.js, and React to support an online platform that allows small and medium businesses (SMEs) to access needed liquidity by selling their open invoices directly to financial investors.
Our team consists of 35 (and growing) visionary people coming from diverse backgrounds (Google, ING, ETH, and EY). We are proud to say we have over 17 different nationalities on the team, a growing presence of women in key roles, and a healthy work-life balance that results in high performance and achievements.
- Understand Advanon's business and its requirements for our technology solution and develop a technical vision and roadmap for the company
- Become the go-to person for the engineering team on a wide range of architectural and technical topics
- Cultivate high employee engagement, performance and commitment to the product
- Lead by example, be able to contribute code and develop a deep understanding of our technology stack
- Collaborate with the product team on developing new features and plan and execute sprints in the lean development methodology
- Recruit outstanding technical talent in a highly competitive market
- 3+ years experience managing high-performing teams that exemplify a culture of excellence
- Track record of turning ideas into marketable products in a timely fashion
- Experience working at a fast-paced, small technology company (<100 employees)
- Experience in cloud-based system architecture and infrastructure (e,g, AWS)
- Experience in a diverse array of programming languages
- Demonstrated success in attracting, assessing, and hiring highly skilled and motivated candidates
- Strong Tech leader able to foster integration and drive stakeholder alignment.
- Willingness to go the extra mile together with the team, delivering high performance outside the comfort zone
- Ability to apply agile software development approaches in a small, fast-moving company, delivering direct value in time (predictable and reliable) to our customers
- Business-fluent in English (orally and in writing). German is a plus
- Valid working permission for the EU or Switzerland
- Proficiency in at least one of the following technologies: Java/Kotlin, Ruby, Node.js, React
- Experience building scalable products on AWS infrastructure
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent
What We Offer:
- Achieving success with an innovative and passionate group of professionals
- Competitive compensation includes equity in the company
- An extensive range of fringe benefits
If you fit the profile we are seeking, and have the drive to make big contributions in an agile startup environment, check us out (https://www.advanon.ch/en), and apply! You'll hear back from us in a week's time.
We value diversity, which means we encourage those from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or pretty much anything else.