Corporate Finance Analyst / Associate
Advanon is looking to add a key new talent to its Credit Risk / Underwriting team!
If you have the drive to push forward a leading FinTech startup in Switzerland, with growth plans across Europe, joining our team will put you in a prime position to do just that.
Advanon offers an online platform that allows small and medium businesses (SMEs) to quickly access financing solutions, and to better understand their own financial standing through our machine learning credit rating process.
Our team consists of 30 driven individuals coming from diverse backgrounds (Google, ETH, UBS, ING, McKinsey, EY, Start-ups, etc.). We are proud to say we have over 10 different nationalities on the team, a growing presence of women in key roles, and a healthy work-life balance that results in high performance and achievements.
As an Analyst/Associate, you play an integral role in using your corporate finance knowledge to conduct due diligence of companies, as well as developing and strengthening our credit risk / due diligence processes. Responsibilities include advanced financial analysis, assessing potential credit exposure, analysis of management background, checking risk metrics on deals as other credit and fraud analysis tasks.
What You Would Do:
- Analyze credit data of SMEs, including documents such as external credit reports, financial & bank statements
- Assess the impact of increasing leverage on a company's credit risk profile
- Assist in preparing questions about financials that will be delivered to clients
- Carry out fraud risk assessments of SMEs in a financial & digital context
- Collect new fraud insights and use them to strengthen our fraud risk policy
- Assess and communicate internally / externally the credit & fraud risk of a given company
- Analyze and approve deals (invoices) to the live trading sessions
- Update existing risk monitoring systems on a regular basis and contribute to the creation of new ones
- Assist on risk process improvements
- Identify and specify areas where automation is possible, on both the due diligence and risk process sides
What We Expect:
- Minimum university degree majoring in Accounting, Finance, Business, Management or Economics
- Prior work experience in Corporate Finance, Credit Risk, Fraud Risk or Underwriting preferred
- Some knowledge of German is expected
- Entrepreneurial mindset and business acumen
- Knowledge in corporate finance and the ability to analyze both financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions. Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- High motivation, commitment and ready to go the extra mile
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and manage multiple tasks while maintaining quality at all times
- Passion for helping clients achieve their potential
- A team player with strong intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills in German and English, French is an advantage
- Innovative ideas and a true passion for Start-Ups
- MUST have valid working permission in CH
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary + share option possibilities
- Spend time with an innovative and passionate group of professionals building an exceptional product
- Work in a great location in Zürich
If you fit the profile we are seeking, and have the drive to make big contributions in an agile startup environment, upload your CV and cover letter, and we'll get back to you soon.