Advanon is looking to add a key new talent to its growing IT team!
If you have the drive to push forward a B2B FinTech startup that’s leading the invoice financing marketplace in Switzerland, joining our team will put you in a prime position to do just that.
Advanon offers an online platform that allows small and medium businesses (SMEs) to access needed liquidity by selling their open invoices directly to financial investors.
Our team consists of 36 (and growing) visionary people coming from diverse backgrounds (Google, ING, ETH, EY). We are proud to say we have over 16 different nationalities on the team, a growing presence of women in key roles, and a healthy work-life balance that results in high performance and achievements.
What You Will Do:
- Co-develop on the Advanon platform or related applications
- Present and evaluate new technologies and architectures, and contribute within all development life-cycles
- Work together in small, highly motivated, interdisciplinary teams, which will change the way current financing is being done
- Face unforeseen situations where you are always welcome to bring in your inputs on finding solutions - so you will be highly challenged!
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training
- 4+ years experience in development, using Ruby on Rails
- Experienced in test-driven development
- Knowledge of relational databases especially PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of micro-service and REST API architectures
- Experience with AWS and/or other Cloud providers
- An interest or understanding of at least one of the following: Machine Learning, IT Security, Database design, Software Architecture, Scrum management
- Fluent in English
- You have innovative ideas and a true passion for startups, interest or experience in FinTech is a plus
- An independent work style and the ability to work under pressure
- Valid working permission for Switzerland or Swiss/EU citizenship
What We Offer:
- Achieving success with an innovative and passionate group of professionals
- Compensation includes equity in the company
- An extensive range of fringe benefits:
- Unlimited paid holiday (25 days in the contract, and additional days available upon achieving results
- Annual vacation budget for payment of hotel / flights
- Annual city transport pass
- 3 months paternity / 6 months maternity leave
- Remote work time (2 weeks per quarter)
- Advacoins: fill your wallet with Advacoins, and redeem for stuff like gym memberships, Netflix/Spotify accounts, Kindle, or even a Vespa!
If you fit the profile we are seeking, and have the drive to make big contributions in an agile startup environment, upload your CV and cover letter, and we'll get back in touch within a week.