AdmitHub is seeking a Lead Product Designer with a broad UX, UI, and brand skill set who wants to help lead overall (product and brand) design. In this role, you'll become an expert in our product, our mission, and our customers’ problems in order to advocate for an amazing user experience for all of our users.
The Lead Product Designer must have extensive design ownership experience and want to create their mark on our brand and products. You are someone who will still want to be spending your time designing, but also talking to users and managing a growing design team to help execute on your vision.
At AdmitHub, you will be working in a cutting-edge space on new and exciting problems, driving large scale social impact, help solve unique scalability challenges and be part of an exciting stage of a high-growth company.
- Primarily own product design end-to-end; including, but not limited to, new feature discovery via UX research, ideation through every fidelity of UI design and user testing, and validation of high-quality experiences through product testing and QA.
- Work closely with senior leadership to drive decision-making in product features and roadmap that will have significant impact on our business.
- Advocate for an amazing user experience for our users by becoming an expert in our product, our mission, and our customers’ problems.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to design product features from concept to launch.
- Work closely with the marketing team to help shepherd our brand as the company evolves.
- Lead and mentor a growing team of designers through daily guidance, critique, and collaboration.
- Lead the evolution of overall UI and UX of our products by growing and maintaining our internal design system and component libraries, working closely with engineering team to ensure that components are tested and meet spec.
- Play a lead role in structuring and gathering user research and feedback.
- Work closely with the product team to ensure we’re using UX best practices and measuring our effectiveness using the right tools and metrics.
- Facilitate design sprints and brainstorming “hackathons” with the whole company.
We’re looking for a design expert who:
- Has 6+ years of experience leading interface design projects on shipped software, preferably in a SaaS setting.
- Has proven product leadership skills with ability to take projects from early discovery through final shipped product in close partnership with engineering and product teams.
- Thinks critically about solving problems through design. We’re looking for somebody who can back up every UI decision they make with a solid reason grounded in UX research and heuristics.
- Is a highly skilled UI designer with a portfolio to back it up. While UX is important, this is a role where sweating the details on UI is equally important.
- Is an expert in modern design tools. (We use Figma exclusively. If you’ve never used that particular program, that’s fine, as long as you have comparable skills in Sketch/Adobe/etc. and are willing to learn.)
- Has experience leading UI and UX design projects for modern web and mobile apps, plus solid understanding of usability best practices for web and mobile.
- Is ego-free and eager to give and receive critique with a genuine interest in helping to improve every team member’s work so we can ship the best products as a team.
- Believes in our mission to strengthen student outcomes and wants to make a real impact through their work.
- Highly skilled UI designer with a portfolio to back it up. While UX is important, this is a role where sweating the details on UI is equally important.
- Expert in modern design tools. (We use Figma exclusively. If you’ve never used that particular program, that’s fine, as long as you have comparable skills in Sketch/Adobe/etc. and are willing to learn.)
- Experience leading UI and UX design projects for modern web and mobile apps, plus solid understanding of usability best practices for web and mobile.
- Looking for a full-time role in Boston, MA.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in branding and general graphic design
- HTML/CSS skills and basic JS chops for rapid prototyping
- Any code above and beyond that, especially React
To be considered:
Including a link to your online portfolio is required. Applications submitted without a link to an online portfolio will not be considered. Your portfolio should exhibit extensive product design experience complete with examples of UI design and UX case studies.