Admithub is looking for a full- time Product Designer with a broad UI and UX skill set who wants to ship designs that help students succeed.
At AdmitHub, you will be working in a cutting-edge space on new and exciting problems, driving large scale social impact, help solve unique scalability challenges and be part of an exciting stage of a high-growth company. In this role, you'll become an expert in our product, our mission, and our customers’ problems in order to advocate for an amazing user experience for all of our users.
We’re open to various levels of experience and seniority for this role (with salary and equity packages to match). We want to work with a flexible designer who believes in our mission, is a team player, and wants to make a real impact through their work. The rest of the team can flex around the right person.
- Work closely with design, product, and engineering teams to design product features from concept to launch. This could include new feature discovery via UX research, ideation through every fidelity of UI design and user testing, and validation of high-quality experiences through product testing and QA.
- Contribute to decision-making in product features and roadmap that will have significant impact on our business.
- Help guide the overall UI design of our products by growing and maintaining our internal design system and component libraries.
- Play a lead role in structuring and gathering user research and feedback.
- Work closely with the product team to measure the effects of your work.
- Participate in and/or facilitate design sprints and brainstorming “hackathons” with the whole company.
We’re looking for a designer who:
- Is looking for a full-time role in Boston, MA.
- Above all: thinks critically about solving problems through design. We’re looking for somebody who can back up every UI decision they make with a solid reason grounded in UX research and heuristics.
- Is a highly skilled UI designer with a portfolio to back it up. While UX is important, this is a role where sweating the details on UI is equally important.
- Is an expert in modern design tools. (We use Figma exclusively. If you’ve never used that particular program, that’s fine, as long as you have comparable skills in Sketch/Adobe/etc. and are willing to learn.)
- Has experience working on UI and UX design projects for modern web and mobile apps, plus solid understanding of usability best practices for web and mobile.
- Is ego-free and eager to give and receive critique with a genuine interest in helping to improve every team member’s work so we can ship the best products as a team.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in branding and general graphic design.
- HTML/CSS skills and basic JS chops for rapid prototyping.
- Any code above and beyond that, especially React.
To be considered:
Including a link to your online portfolio is required! Applications submitted without a link to an online portfolio will not be considered. Your portfolio should exhibit extensive product design experience complete with examples of UI design and UX case studies.