Title: UX/UI Designer
Location: Boston, MA
AdmitHub is seeking a digitally-focused designer who understands and practices how conversational design and digital interaction connect and collide. We are looking for a team player to work collaboratively with our product and engineering teams to create solutions to some of the most pressing problems facing higher education today.
We bring the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to higher education through a chatbot-driven text-messaging platform that guides students to and through college. Our bots help students find the answers they need, wherever they are, whenever they need it--and offer colleges a way to give one-on-one support to vast numbers of students.
We are both mission and margin driven. We’re committed to helping colleges operate more effectively and helping their students succeed on the path to and through college. We also believe in rigorous independent research of our products, especially with respect to at-risk students. (See the results of a recent study on our work with Georgia State University here
At AdmitHub, you will be working in a cutting edge space on new and exciting problems, driving large scale social impact, help solve unique scalability challenges and be part of an exciting stage of a high-growth company.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will work collaboratively to craft the experience of College Admissions Staff and Educators who are guiding the experience of their students. People who use AdmitHub need to track student progress, engage in conversations, improve the artificial intelligence that powers the chatbot, and many other activities related to student matriculation and success. You will be helping guide the experience of people who guide the experiences of hundreds of thousands of students worldwide. Additionally, you will play a key role in how our product approaches conversational design to ensure all the paths an end-user (aka student) could take reaches the end goals - ultimately better student outcomes.
- Create designs to communicate ideas and user flows
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to ensure user facing experiences drive to outcomes
- Establish design acceptance criteria for the product and ensure implementation meets design standards
- Turn a design theme into a design system
- Facilitate and lead collaborative prototyping and testing
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative research
- Implement UX best practices
- 3+ years of UX design experience - plus if you have designed a chatbot previously
- Team player, respectful of others with strong communication skills and the ability to work in an a fast paced environment in a new industry
- Experience designing responsive web applications past the creative phase into production partnering with stakeholders across the organization
- Collaborated with agile software development teams to solve problems together, and continuously enhance and improve working software
- Conducted insightful user interviews with prototypes that they created
- Designed visually beautiful and clean user interfaces that served as accurate development plans
- A broad range of skills
- from sketching to visual design and illustration
- from lean design plans to highly accurate mockups
- from conducting casual user interviews to formal user research
- from exploring new ideas to maintaining style guides and consistency
- ease using drawing tools, prototyping tools; and ideally, development tools
- Compensation: Competitive Based on Experience
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it, we trust you
- Equity stake of the Company's Common Stock with exercise price equal to the fair market value on the date of grant and commensurate with your experience and role
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply directly through the website at admithub.com/jobs.