AdmitHub is seeking a talented engineer with experience developing web application to join our engineering team as it rolls out our AI chatbots and tools to colleges and universities across the country.
We bring the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to higher education through a chatbot-driven text-messaging platform that guides students to and through college. Our bots help students find the answers they need, wherever they are, whenever they need it--and offer colleges a way to give one-on-one support to vast numbers of students.
Having just closed a Series A, AdmitHub is both mission and margin driven. We’re committed to helping colleges operate more effectively and supporting students on the path to and through college. We also believe in rigorous independent research of our products, especially with respect to at-risk students. (See a recent study on our work with Georgia State here: Georgia State Case Study
- Working in a cutting edge space on new and exciting problems
- Large scale social impact
- Solve unique scalability challenges
- High impact role at a fast growing company
As a Frontend Engineer you will:
- Rapidly prototype, develop, and ship customer-facing features every single day.
- Build and test high quality and maintainable code. (These features could be related to helping teach our AI chat bot, planning message campaigns, or displaying and summarizing usage analytics.)
- Collaborate with our design team as we constantly iterate on the product
- Contribute to our cross-functional data team to help support an ecosystem serving hundreds of thousands of students.
- Mentor and manage a small team of front-end engineers to help them grow and achieve their goals
- Solid understanding of REST API consumption and underlying data models.
- Great feel for user empathy and design
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms
- Intimate experience with Redux is a plus.
- Bootstrap & SCSS
- Jest and Typescript
- Django RESTful API (bonus for experience)
- Compensation: Competitive Based on Experience
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it, we trust you
- Equity stake of the Company's Common Stock with exercise price equal to the fair market value on the date of grant and commensurate with your experience and role
- At least 2 years experience in frontend development
- Advanced proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Awareness and intuition for client-side performance considerations
- Ability to be flexible and be a team player
- Strong communication skills
- An interest in education!
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and your availability for a call.