We are seeking an entrepreneurial, energetic superstar with deep experience in enterprise sales and preferably higher education to lead our Sales team as we roll out our AI chatbots to colleges and universities across the country.
We bring the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to higher education through a chatbot-driven text-messaging platform that guides students to and through college. We help students find the answers they need, wherever they are, whenever they need it—and offer colleges a way to give one-on-one support to vast numbers of students.
Having just closed a Series A, we’re looking for a full-time VP of Sales to drive our overall growth and scale a complex process of training higher education professionals to make the most of our breakthrough technology.
We are mission-driven and margin-driven: we’re committed to helping colleges operate more effectively and efficiently by helping their students succeed. We’re also involved in notable research into the ways that chatbots can transform educational outcomes, especially for at-risk students. (See the results of a recent study
on our work with Georgia State University.)
As the VP of Sales, you’ll lead and grow our Sales team. You’ll be responsible for overseeing sales activities (onboarding, training, support, relationship management, new business) and driving key pipeline metrics. You will be responsible for working with marketing to develop the pipeline and reaching overall sales of the company.
You’ll also serve as the face of AdmitHub with executive stakeholders at our partner institutions. Your ability to convey a sense of comfort, confidence, and optimism when connecting with people one-on-one or in groups will be key to your success.
The position requires an insatiable curiosity and a love of breakthrough technology. An analytical perspective and open-minded temperament are key to quickly identifying problems and finding innovative approaches to new challenges, during periods of calm and crisis.
The Vice President of Sales will be responsible for:
- Work with CEO, CFO, and leadership team to set sales goals and strategy
- Management and coaching of the sales team in all aspects of their responsibilities so that they meet/exceed their revenue goals, including detailed pipeline management, and assisting the representatives in the sales process when requested.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of the AdmitHub solution and technology to deliver sales presentations and demonstrations, and to impart that knowledge to sales representatives.
- Continuous improvement ensuring repeatable sales and forecasting processes and managing to key metrics for focus and accountability.
- Ensuring the sales team is succeeding in pipeline development of new accounts, managing sales leads follow up, and overseeing account upsell/expansion of existing clients within assigned region to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Tracking assigned team’s near and long-term pipeline. Tracking trends and provide product feedback consolidated from sales team to senior management team.
- Negotiating with potential and existing customers. A thorough understanding of business drivers, pricing models and potential “trades” will be essential in this position.
- Working closely and collaborating with other functional managers to help best allocate AdmitHub resources (i.e. Engineers, company executives, sales, operations, etc.) to ensure that clients receive timely information and assistance for a positive experience. Efforts include competitive deals such as response preparation to RFIs and RFPs.
- Managing budget and expenses, working to minimize costs while maximizing efforts to adequately penetrate the Americas territory.
- Driving all efforts to recruit, hire, onboard, train, and develop new sales team members. Develop the team, including driving the review process and providing feedback.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of sales management experience in software and technology
- Experience selling in higher education a strong plus
- Strong track record of success and proven ability to sell SaaS and on-premises solutions
- Exemplary presentation skills and the ability to demo online and live in front of large audiences
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team and culture that is passionate, driven, opportunistic, and dynamic
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledgeable and proficient with Hubspot CRM
- Proficient computer skills and ability to learn new software
- Willingness to travel 30-40%