AdmitHub is seeking a talented engineer with backend experience to join our engineering team as it rolls out our AI chatbots and tools to colleges and universities across the country.
We bring the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to higher education through a chatbot-driven text-messaging platform that guides students to and through college. Our bots help students find the answers they need, wherever they are, whenever they need it--and offer colleges a way to give one-on-one support to vast numbers of students.
Having just closed a Series A, AdmitHub is both mission and margin driven. We’re committed to helping colleges operate more effectively and supporting students on the path to and through college. We also believe in rigorous independent research of our products, especially with respect to at-risk students. (See a recent study on our work with Georgia State here: Georgia State Case Study
- Working in a cutting edge space on new and exciting problems
- Large scale social impact
- Solve unique scalability challenges
- High impact role at a fast growing company
As a Backend Engineer you will:
- Help support and develop our REST API to ensure it meets the needs of our frontend team.
- Build and test high quality code and scalability requirements. (These features could be related to our AI chat bot, sending messages, or ecosystem analytics.)
- Collaborate with team members to implement solutions to address scalability concerns
- Orchestrate robust distributed systems to process large streams of data
- Contribute to our cross-functional data team to help support an ecosystem serving hundreds of thousands of students.
- Good intuition for REST API design.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and data models.
- Comfortable writing asynchronous task-based units of work
- Intimate experience with Django and Node.js is a plus.
- Python/Django for API(specifically Django REST Framework)
- Node.js additional backend apps
- PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Celery as our task queue
- Compensation: Competitive Based on Experience
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it, we trust you
- Equity stake of the Company's Common Stock with exercise price equal to the fair market value on the date of grant and commensurate with your experience and role
- At least 5 years of professional experience developing on the backend
- Very strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Ability to be flexible and be a team player
- Strong communication skills
- An interest in education!
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and your availability for a call.