Who We Are
Administrate is a training management platform
used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administrating programs.
We are a fast growing, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision. And, we’re looking for a new Solutions Engineer!
We are a quickly growing, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision. Oh yeah, we also work a 4 day, 32 hour week, but we’ll pay you a 5 day wage.
Where We Are
Our HQ is in the city centre of Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland and we also have offices in Bozeman, Montana and Beirut, Lebanon. This position is for the Edinburgh office in Codebase
, at the heart of the Scottish startup scene.
You love solving problems and delivering value. You are an excellent communicator who knows when to listen and when to take the lead. You can think on your feet but for complex problems you’re confident in saying what you don’t know and happy to whiteboard a solution to bring back to the group. You have experience in technical environments, and understand how to dissect a technical landscape and create solutions within them. You love efficiency and delivering value quickly. You enjoy seeing solutions become reality in the role of a product manager, working directly with engineers to define the problem and facilitate delivery. You are comfortable working with teams across time zones through web conferencing but you’re not afraid to hop onto a train or a plane to be face to face with a customer when needed. You are a team first person who gets satisfaction of seeing your team and the customer succeed.
What You'll Do
Administrate is seeking a Solutions Engineer who will work directly with our commercial teams to identify solutions for Administrate’s enterprise level customer base in order to deliver the value they need and integrate into the customers’ existing technology ecosystem. You will collaborate heavily with our professional services and product teams to ensure we deliver the right solution for the customer.
In addition to defining solutions, this position will be asked to fulfill a role in overseeing the development of those solutions similar to that of a product manager. This includes working with the product team to shape strategic direction for the company’s products. You’ll manage the product and delivery of the defined solutions to our customers. You’ll be the key conduit that helps triage, define, and progress features for customers, using both internal and external development resources. You’ll work with our tech teams to make sure we that we’re clearly progressing our vision with everything we undertake.
- Support our Sales, Account Management and Professional Services teams to understand and document business problems and design solutions for customers which ultimately make them more successful.
- Work closely with our commercial teams to lead customers toward a solution and a decision point.
- Oversee outsourced development teams in a product management role to create generally available solutions driven by a given customer solution.
- Define and prioritise projects that solve customer problems and drive Administrate toward its strategic vision.
- Collaborate with the product team for solutions involving new product features.
- Provide internal training to our commercial teams.
- Facilitate the public release and documentation of new product and features.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent problem solving skills, you are able to look beyond the individual request to see the true need in the customer and how to solve it.
- Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) skills which you will use to interact both externally with our prospects and customers, and internally with multiple departments.
- A high sense of ownership and accountability and the ability to work independently to achieve company objectives.
- You are both empathetic and practical, able to hear customer pain and identify the best solutions that provide the greatest value and bring Administrate closer to achieving its vision
- Experience working with agile software teams
- Humility - the only way to improve the product is through teamwork and you recognise that on your own you can deliver nothing to customers. Instead, you work to bring out the most of all the skills on the team.
- A nose for business - ultimately, we want to be solving more problems for more customers. You have a way of thinking beyond the problem in front of you toward how solutions can move a market.
- Technical skills that include familiarity with programming concepts and relational databases.
- Strong “systems thinking” skills and background.
- Experience architecting solutions integrating web tools into an existing technical ecosystem.
It would also be great if you had:
- Experience with SaaS Training or LMS products.
- Solid experience of managing a complex, Business-to-Business (B2B) Software-as-a-Service product.
- Experience selling complex solutions.
What You'll Get
- Enjoy working as part of a talented team where everyone’s input is valued
- An unrivaled work/life balance – you work a 4-day, 32-hour, week but get paid for 5 days!
- Generous holiday package
- Pension Scheme and Life Insurance Benefit
- Great tools – MacBook, 27” monitor, mechanical keyboard etc
- Flexible working schedule
- Pizza Wednesdays
- Drinks fridge, free snacks and great coffee