Who We Are
Administrate is a training management platform
used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administrating programs.
We are a fast growing, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision. And, we’re looking for a new Technical Analyst!
We are a quickly growing, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision. Oh yeah, we also work a 4 day, 32 hour week, but we’ll pay you a 5 day wage.
Where We Are
Our HQ is in the city centre of Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland and we also have offices in Bozeman, Montana and Beirut, Lebanon. This position is for the Edinburgh office in Codebase
, at the heart of the Scottish startup scene.
About the Role
The job of a technical analyst is to support implementations of customers (both new and existing) alongside with solutions engineers and our project management team. Candidates should love solving problems, be goal oriented, and be comfortable working with individuals who are less technical.
Our enterprise implementation process is complex, ever changing, and involves integrating our platform into complicated enterprise tech stacks at some of the largest and most successful companies in the world. Supporting business critical processes is key to our customer’s success, and your job will be in the middle of the complex technical interplay between multiple systems.
What You'll Do
- Providing analysis of data and performing ETL (extract, transform, and load) jobs
- Participating in discussions with internal and external parties to make sure that the technical requirements of a project are progressing
- Working with solutions engineers to configure and setup a given technical solution
- Feeding back to product and solutions team members where our product needs to be improved
- Assisting with the testing of various technical components of a project
- Helping to automate routine tasks, and improving our existing toolset
What You'll Need
- Excellent written English
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Computer Science / Computer Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced SQL skills:
- Familiar with analyzing data for gaps, holes, and inconsistencies
- Able to read and construct advanced SQL queries
- Familiar with the key concepts of relational data modeling, database design, and the tradeoffs involved.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Python, PHP, Bash)
- A willingness to learn, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Extremely detail oriented - you sweat and love the details!
- Good personal systems (organized, able to keep track of multiple items)
What's Also Nice-to-Have Skills
- Familiarity with a linux environment
- Experience with one or more statically typed languages (C/C++/C#/Java/etc)
What You'll Get
- Enjoy working as part of a talented team where everyone’s input is valued
- An unrivaled work/life balance – you work a 4-day, 32-hour, week but get paid for 5 days!
- Generous holiday package
- Pension Scheme and Life Insurance Benefit
- Great tools – MacBook, 27” monitor, mechanical keyboard etc
- Flexible working schedule
- Invest in your mental wellbeing with our onsite therapist
- Learn, learn, learn with access to a library of educational books
- Get to know your colleagues with a team lunch every Wednesday
- Drinks fridge, free snacks and great coffee