Ad Hoc Labs, makers of Burner, is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our team is looking for an exceptional person for an exciting new role leading business and revenue operations, reporting directly to the CEO.
As the Director of Business Operations, you’ll lead a portfolio of functions including revenue and KPI analytics, network integrity, customer service, and vendor management. You’ll partner closely with the CEO to drive metrics and performance across the organization, and collaborate with product, engineering, and growth to build the culture and processes of a world-class company. This is a unique opportunity to have broad ownership over critical business operations of a growing technology startup.
- Develop, report on, and drive alignment and accountability throughout the company around KPIs; utilize KPIs to collaboratively develop company vision and inform tactics and strategy
- Implement, monitor, and analyze a robust set of growth and operational metrics and reporting mechanisms to maintain metrics, revenue, and network integrity, and to identify issues, root causes, and solutions across internal and external elements of our business (e.g. app stores, telephony vendors, marketing attribution)
- Oversee our customer service team; provide best-in-class response, issue resolution, and customer communications as a key dimension of our differentiated user experience
- Partner with engineering to evolve and implement critical network uptime, backup and continuity planning, and other business policies and operations
- Lead and innovate our network integrity processes, including robust anti-fraud analysis, technical and operational responses, partner and law enforcement communications, and legal and customer-facing communications
- Manage financial operations, including preparation of the financial forecasts, budgets, and operational statements; lead liaison to external accounting and CFO resources; develop and document business processes to ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Oversee vendor management, billing, contracts, and facilities
- Oversight of legal affairs and board reporting
- Management of employees, both full-time and part-time, as well as contractors.
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS:
- Hands-on experience in an operational role at a high-growth startup, or a relevant background in operations finance, business insights, executive staff office, management consulting, or other related field
- Experience partnering closely with legal, policy, technical, and revenue teams, working on complex products or partnerships, or working in a legal or regulatory operating environment
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and business analytics principles
- Highly analytical, with advanced Excel skills
- Able to develop strategy, build a case and tell a persuasive story to drive decision making and buy-in across an organization
- Relentless focus on execution that goes beyond analysis and strategy
- Self starter who is able to own complex projects with minimal input
- Willingness to really roll up your sleeves in a startup environment. No job is too small.
- Intense curiosity and drive to make things better
- Excellent interpersonal skills, readily develops trust and credibility across all levels and is able to motivate others
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Meaningful work on an innovative and growing set of products
- Collaborative, cross-functional work culture with an emphasis on autonomy and communication
- Creative, dog-friendly, snack-filled work space in a converted industrial building in a walk- and bike-friendly neighborhood
- Health and Dental coverage for employees, dependents & domestic partners
- Investment in career development, including training, conferences, and online learning resource
Ad Hoc Labs is committed to building a diverse, inclusive company and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We provide excellent medical and other benefits, and will consider full-time, part-time, partial remote, or other flexible arrangements for the right candidate.
Ad Hoc Labs, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We seek to employ the most qualified person in every job. Ad Hoc Labs, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.