Addteq is looking for mid-level (5+ years exp.) DevOps engineer to support Atlassian Tools on AWS and other public cloud providers. Candidate needs to have a strong background in scripting.
What You'll Do:
As a part of our DevOps team you will work on automating setup, upgrade and migration of Atlassian tools. Also, you will be responsible for ensuring healthy performance of the applications at scale.
What We're Looking For:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Linux/Unix internals and architecture. Must be comfortable working on the command line.
- Must be able to create / modify scripts in Python / Perl / Groovy etc in order to automate repetitive tasks and integrate systems via HTTP APIs (REST / SOAP).
- Priory experience setting up, upgrading and/or migrating JIRA with the understanding of the full topology involved: Application, Database, Load Balancer etc.
- Experience working with public cloud (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Azure etc.) for deploying Atlassian Tools.
- Supported Atlassian Tools in an enterprise environment including investigation and remediation of performance and response time related issues.
- Comfortable with the understanding of JVM memory allocation and settings as it pertains to the performance of JIRA and the other Atlassian tools.
- Able to perform root cause analysis for JIRA performance and health based on the impact of topology, configuration and customization(including add-ons/plugins).
- Worked with an APM tool such as Dynatrace, Appdynamics, New Relic etc for monitoring the health of Atlassian and/or other JVM based tools.
- Comfortable with learning new tools, technologies and paradigms.
- Comfortable with scripting(Shell, Python, Ruby, Nodejs) etc.
- Good understanding of SDLC.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Documentation should be second nature.
- Perform automated installation, migration and upgrade of different Atlassian and Development tools by using Python and Bash scripting.
- Automate configuration of applications using Ansible as a configuration management tool including utilizing built-in modules, open source Galaxy modules and if necessary custom Python modules.
- Utilize Terraform and Cloudformation to automate the setup of Cloud infrastructure on Amazon AWS, Digitalocean etc.
- Utilize Nodejs and Python scripts for migrating data from external systems or sources to issue tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Support the customization of Atlassian tools using out of the box features and third party plugins.
- Troubleshoot performance of Java based web applications using techniques such as garbage collection, heap dump, logs analysis etc.
- Participate in requirements gathering, project planning and test plan creation for technical activities by working with technical and non-technical stakeholders and peers.
- Create technical documentation including architecture diagrams, flowcharts, step-by-step Linux commands and SQL queries for performing installation, upgrade or migration of various software development tools.
- Associate or Professional level AWS certification is preferred.
- Administration level experience with these tools: JIRA, Bamboo, Stash/Bitbucket, Sonarqube, Artifactory.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of command line Git. (Also, prior experience with: Bitbucket/Stash or Github or Gitlab).
- Familiarity with SOAP/REST API's, Microservices and SOA(Service Oriented Architecture).
- Experience with a configuration management tool like Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc.
- Experience working with Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Azure etc.
Who We Are:
- Addteq offers end to end consulting ranging from cultural, process and technology side of DevOps. We at Addteq firmly believe that automation is essential for successful software releases. We center our products and services around this fundamentally unique approach to delivering complete software release management solutions. Addteq specializes in software configuration, build automation, infrastructure automation and release management. Clients depend on Addteq to provide Atlassian solutions, develop custom add-ons/integrations, conduct training, manage SDLC tools hosting, DevOps services etc. Locations include our Headquarters, Princeton, NJ with additional offices in Los Angeles, CA and Pune, India.
- We celebrate everything from anniversaries to birthday parties, ping pong/dart games, beer and brag Fridays and free lunch everyday!
- If you feel the same as we do about software automation, please join us!
- Take a look inside the office of Addteq!