AdAction Interactive is seeking a seasoned CPA with a corporate controller or auditing background, for an exciting opportunity to make a direct impact at a corporate level as our Financial Controller. You will be empowered to make a difference every day, improving our processes and owning essential accounting functions. This position will be based in Austin, TX, reporting to the CFO and CEO.
At the heart of everything that drives AdAction are the people who work here and strive to make an impact on the success of the business. We are looking for an energetic person who loves to be challenged in a nimble startup environment that’s backed up by 7 years of success in performance marketing. We were named by Built In Austin as one of Austin’s 100 Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2018, and our employees also enjoy perks and benefits
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Up to 6% 401k match with no vesting period
- Generous PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Monthly team outings and happy hours
- Weekly catered lunch
Your responsibilities will include:
- Full ownership of the chart of accounts, all aspects of the general ledger, and financial reporting, with a focus on accuracy, validity, and timely reporting.
- Streamline, automate and transform the financial statement close process, and continually iterate to maintain most effective practices
- Monitor the Company’s financial performance, update management, and prepare financial statements and performance reports for internal use.
- Revise or create process to account for multiple revenue channels and associated costs
- Develop accounting operations process including accounting policies to support new lines of business.
- Manage accurate and timely month-end and year-end close
- Manage third-party service provider relationships as needed such as ADP
- Full ownership of cash payments
- Manage bi-monthly payroll and commissions
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities including Invoicing, Accounts Receivable and Collections, Cost of Sales and and Payables
- Lead and coach existing high-performing team including Assistant Controller and A/R Accountant
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and CPA required
- Current knowledge of GAAP accounting
- 8+ years experience in senior management accounting or auditing role – Big 4 experience is a plus
- Fast worker, able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments as well as externally
- Ability to work independently in addition to managing a team