DevOps Leader / Senior Operations Engineer
Holo is taking additive manufacturing from prototyping to production. Our technology builds intricate parts at costs that make full scale production a reality using hundreds of alloys already employed in demanding industrial applications. Our team has spent years in additive manufacturing, pioneering and successfully bringing new technologies to market and leading major trends in the industry. With our experience and track record of execution, we are realizing an audacious vision of full-scale AM production.
About this opportunity:
One of your primary charters as our Senior Orchestration and Operations Engineer will be to manage, monitor, support and maintain our cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure) assets, as well as our Production and QA/Testing environments. You will be relied upon to drive automation, continuously target key areas for improvement, and recommend best practices. 90% of your focus will be on execution, ensuring the performance, scalability, and high availability of our operational and development environments, as well as our customer-facing solutions. You will also serve as an integral technical leader engaged in developing and mentoring junior team members.
Some of the things you will do:
- Plan, project manage, and deliver:
- security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting;
- the development and deployment of build, monitoring and debugging tools;
- the automation of operations process, e.g security controls, governance, and compliance validation; and
- production, testing, operational, and process improvements.
- Work with Development Leads and Architects in the design and implementation of new environments.
- Regularly collaborate with cross-functional teams, customers and external alliances.
- Effectively communicate technical issues and status to technical audiences.
- Proactively maintain a current knowledge of new technologies, trends, and technology advancements and promote knowledge sharing among our user groups to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
Some of the things we’re looking for:
- Five to ten years of experience in Operations Engineering, with at least three years of experience in Cloud Services, and a thorough knowledge of Data Security, Help Desk, Operations, Network Computing, Database, and Application Development.
- Experience with AWS or Azure.
- Experience with network/systems administration.
- Experience with Windows administration (Active Directory, Group Policy management, etc)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment of Windows desktop applications.
- Experience with automation and active scripting languages, including PowerShell.
- Experience with one or more of the following configuration technologies: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience in fast-paced agile or waterfall development environments where frequent interruptions can occur.
- Strong strategic thinking, prioritization, facilitation, fault analysis, and problem solving abilities.
- Exceptional written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of software development life cycles (SDLC).
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- Big plus if you also have Certification(s) in cloud infrastructure management; e.g. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, etc.