Lead Full Stack Engineer
Holo is taking additive manufacturing from prototyping to production. Our technology builds intricate parts at costs that make full-scale production a reality using hundreds of alloys already employed in demanding industrial applications. Our team has spent years in additive manufacturing, pioneering and successfully bringing new technologies to market and leading major trends in the industry. With our experience and track record of execution, we are realizing an audacious vision of full-scale AM production.
About this opportunity:
Your primary charters as our Lead Full-Stack Engineer will be to build scalable cloud-based applications and own feature design, development and implementation, from end-to-end. You will be relied upon to contribute to application architecture and design, as well as writing code, tests, conduct code reviews, support releases, and maintain applications.
Some of the things you will do:
- Full-stack development on our platform, including UI, server, and hardware interfaces
- Create automated software unit and integration tests, including mocks and stubs
- Perform automated application end-to-end testing, engaging users as necessary with both mock and real hardware
- Break-down prototypes and wireframes into reusable, modular UI components
- Balance work between multiple business-facing products
Some of the things we're looking for:
- 7+ years of industry experience, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in HTML, CSS, and JS
- POSIX & Windows literacy
- Comfortable working with C++, Python, PHP, Java, or similar languages
- Knowledge of server architecture & administration
Is this you?
Strong grasp of at least two technical domains, and knowledge of common edge cases in those domains. Acts as a source of knowledge for respective domains, and is able to disseminate information and best practices regarding those domains. Keeps aware of industry trends and frameworks in domains of expertise, and can provide guidance and analysis for forward-looking technical challenges.
Mentors other team members. Proactively provides and solicits feedback during code review and design sessions. Acts as a role model for more junior engineers. Can identify how team dynamics affect productivity, and works to improve both team cohesion and skill.
Able to identify nebulous problem spaces and to determine what is needed to clarify and de-risk them. Can break down large, complicated tasks into discrete, measurable, simpler tasks. Able to delegate and distribute work amongst team members when needed. Can provide in-depth risk and trade-off analysis for business/product guidance. Can identify, and help solve, deficiencies in the team's capability to deliver tasks on schedule.
Strong knowledge of version control systems, deployment schemes, server and operating system internals. Strong knowledge of multiple workflows. Able to synthesize various and new techniques to improve workflow efficiency, and to disseminate that knowledge to the team.
Bonus Points if you have:
- frameworks such as Meteor, React or VueJS.
- Proven track record of building event-driven applications.
- Python proficiency
- C and/or C++
- Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, etc
- Kafka, Spark
- MongoDB, SQL
- Scripting in Bash or PowerShell
- A passion for innovation and pride in writing scalable code
- A knack for solving complex, data-driven challenges
- Experience working in a fast-paced, iterative/agile environment