Technical Customer Solutions Lead / Senior AM Manufacturing Applications Engineer
Our client is taking additive manufacturing from prototyping to production. Our technology builds intricate parts at costs that make full scale production a reality using hundreds of alloys already employed in demanding industrial applications. Our team has spent years in additive manufacturing, pioneering and successfully bringing new technologies to market and leading major trends in the industry. With our experience and track record of execution, we are realizing an audacious vision of full-scale AM production.
Your Primary Charter:
You will be relied upon to not only bring your expertise in AM manufacturing/3D Pringting (specifically MIM, powdered metals, DFMA, etc.) but also to serve as an Ambassador of our advanced technology, engaging customers to evaluate their designs and showing them the benefits and ROI of using our technology to produce their products in a new way. Essentially, you’ll be on the front lines in a rapidly evolving and exciting industry helping customers re-imagine their products with the future of fabrication.
Some of the things you will do:
- Work closely with customers to develop applications for AM production using the company's technology involving: designing for AM, part prototyping and developing business cases.
- Develop compelling application specific case studies to demonstrate the capabilities of the company's technology.
- Working with a multidisciplinary team of designers, engineers and material scientists to invent new solutions to meet customer needs.
Some of the things we're looking for:
- Expertise with direct metals such as, metal injection molding (MIM) or powder metallurgy
- Portfolio of previous work
- Proficiency with CAD software
- Knowledge of traditional manufacturing processes
- Expertise in design for manufacture (DFM) using additive materials
- Expertise in materials and material characterisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a passion to listen, engage and problem solve with customers
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment with changing operational needs
- BS/MS mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with topology optimization and/or generative design