As an Additive Manufacturing Scientist at Holo, you’ll participate in the development of new materials. You will carry out independent and self directed work characterizing and printing new materials. You will be expected to learn a variety of standard characterisation methods, as well as unique methods developed in house. You will be responsible for analyzing, distilling, and presenting your results to the team. Working closely with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists, you’ll shape the direction of our product and take a leading role in reinventing manufacturing.
- Learn to operate 3D printers, tensile testing equipment, rheometers, FTIR and UV/VIS spectrometers, and other equipment.
- Accurately follow SOPs, take measurements, document work, and maintain records.
- Plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Excellent observational and communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment with changing operational needs
- Expectation that most time will be spent carrying out, documenting, and communicating bench work
Must have skills and experience:
- BS Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials science, or a related field
- 0-3 years experience working in a lab environment
- Ability to work safely in a lab environment
Preferred skills and experience
- Laboratory experience (FTIR, UV/Vis, rheology, tensile tests)