Aclima delivers environmental intelligence through sensor networks to improve human health and planetary health. We combine leading-edge sensing technology, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence to take the real-time pulse of the invisible world around us. Translating real-time data into actionable insights, Aclima transforms how we understand and manage our buildings, cities, and industries to create a more resilient, healthy, and thriving world.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
Aclima is looking for a Embedded Systems Engineer who is invested in contributing to this mission through his or her respective strengths. You will provide leadership to the engineering organization by making architectural decisions about Aclima’s embedded systems infrastructure and working collaboratively with our software and devices teams to improve our system design. You will play a key
role in writing linux device drivers, working on low power wireless networking stacks, and bringing up new PCBs in a dynamic, fast-moving, and progressive organization. Our engineering culture values rapid iteration, continuous improvement, and as much automation as is sensible. This requires a leader who will not simply look to mitigate risk, but to realize opportunity. A vital member of the Engineering team, you will join an incredible group of people working together with a common purpose.
- 5-10 years experience building and debugging embedded systems using Linux and/or RTOS
- C/C++/Python skills
- Familiarity with SoC level software development (e.g., ARM, x86) and microcontroller development
- PCB bring-up and electrical/software debug experience
- Ability to read and interpret system schematics
- Mastery of MCU peripherals (clocks, power management, timers, counters, PWM, ADC, USB, I2C, SPI, etc.)
- Experience with wireless software stacks. (802.15.4, Bluetooth, WiFi, ANT)
- Experience writing linux drivers and userspace applications
- Extensive experience with software Source Control tools (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Comfort with build environments (e.g., buildroot, OpenEmbedded) and shell scripting, make, etc.
- Experience with networking tools (WireShark, wireless packet sniffers, logic analyzers)
- Ability to help manage and build out a deployment + management for scaling out the deployment of devices, upgrades, maintenance
- Enjoys working in small fast pace teams that has daily scrums and encourages empowered / independent working style
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.
Full-time position only. Out of area candidates will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Aclima employees work incredibly hard, and we work incredibly hard to thank them. We offer a competitive compensation package, equity potential and excellent benefits. You’ll appreciate our challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical/dental/vision, 401K, commuter and wellness, company events and an extraordinary culture.
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing why you are the ideal candidate for this role.