QA Automation Engineer - Full Time Permanent
Ackroo is seeking a QA Automation Engineer for a permanent full-time position at our Stoney Creek office. Ackroo is building the next generation of gift card and loyalty rewards payment products. You will be challenged across a wide variety of technologies. You will join a dynamic, fast-paced and highly skilled team working to develop new features to drive sales and support our growing customer base. You should have a passion for software development and a desire to pursue excellence.
- Own and lead full-stack quality across multiple applications, features, and technology initiatives.
- Guide and drive the overall QA process for all automated software development, deployment, and production-monitoring related activities.
- Guide the QA automation processes, QA activities and work with project members through the overall process of quality assurance planning focusing on automation, resource requirements, scheduling of tests, identification of deliverables and testing
- Develop, build and execute test plans and test scripts for automation of all aspects of testing, based on project requirements and functional specifications documents
- Develop and build test automation scripts, work with the development team to ensure appropriate test automation is built during the development lifecycle
- Accountable for the quality of test activities during the release of products to production.
- Work with the development team and infrastructure groups to test, build, assess, and troubleshoot automated testing of applications as well as application monitoring in production settings, to cover off all testing and quality control needs.
- Ability to create clear and concise test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents and provide timely and meaningful feedback to ensure a full and clear understanding of deliverables as well as identify any gaps in requirements
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities, maintaining all test deliverables (test plans, test cases, test scripts, test results, etc.)
- Evaluate risk and perform risk assessments.
- Execute and evaluate manual and automated test cases
- Identify, document and implement QA process improvements (process standardization, methodologies, tool utilization) leveraging industry best practices
- Create high-level test engineering team goals and action plans to align with overall Product Development objectives.
- Develop, document and maintain test library for all applications
- Train, and provide guidance on QA processes to other staff
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging QA trends and techniques.
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Automation development
- 5+ years’ knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, automation, and processes.
- 3+ years’ experience in Agile Scrum or Kanban and test-driven development
- Strong experience developing automated tests suites using Selenium, Ranorex, Webdriver, nUnit, SQL, C#, other scripts
- Strong working knowledge of different databases (ex. MySQL, Postgress)
- Proven ability to write automated test scripts to verify data structures, data formats, and data values and able to Write/modify SQL queries to perform database validations
- Experience in API testing, XML, Web Services, REST API
- Experience with load and/or performance testing tools
- Write automation and perform Web, API, UI, functional, regression, smoke, black box, load, performance and end-to-end testing
- Experience with mobile test automation tools
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage priorities, and stay organized
- Prior success as an individual Automation Engineer embedded within a product team
- Knowledge of full Quality Assurance life cycle, testing methodologies, and test automation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management, supervisor peers, and end-users. Audiences will include technical and non-technical individuals
- Strong prioritization skills, the candidate must be able to prioritize projects based on market demands
- Strong multi-tasking skills are a must for this exciting, fast-paced environment
- Experience working with end-users or Product Management to ensure requirements are represented within test plans
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting skills
What We Offer:
Great work environment, competitive pay, full employee benefits, stock options, high career growth capability, and on-going training and development.