Senior Power8/9 System Administrator.
SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
· Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas/customer groups. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for company and for customers. Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
· Incident Management: Resolve technical and some business incidents independently. Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
· Escalation Management: identify, manage, and lead escalations through leadership.
· Problem Management Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
· Change Management: Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/company Information Technology infrastructure needs. Lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board or Technical Advisory Board.
· Patch and Security Management: Provide input to security policies. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment. Approve patch and security changes.
· Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
· Solution Design: Apply company solutions or, when justified by business needs, create solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or trade/company IT infrastructure needs. Provide feedback to create new company solution sets.
· Quality: May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
· Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead complex customer and internal projects, including transformation, across technology/ customers and/or internal businesses/end user’s areas. Provide review/advice to projects inside/outside responsibility areas.
· Customer Relationship Management: Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users on a broad range of technical and operational topics. Becoming a trusted advisor to the customers and/or internal businesses/end users. . Develop and grow assigned customers and/or internal businesses/end users account relationships.
· Teamwork: Lead or work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multifunctional, and addressing complex issues. Trusted advisor inside technology area and recognized outside team/technology area.
Secret Clearance (Active)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 10 years of directly relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Act as lead IBM Power8/9 i System Administrator
This will be supporting DLA; Defense Commissary Agency. Position Description: Power8/9 Senior Sys Admin - The position requires the individual to be the lead system administrator for IBM Power8/9 environments. The customer is located at Fort Lee, Virginia. PLUS: employee within driving distance of For Lee.