Act as the applications support contact in maintaining the City of Anaheim business applications in terms of developing apps, interfaces, writing reports & test cases, troubleshooting and resolving user issues and ensuring these applications are operating optimally. Will also function as a point of contact with third party vendors and business owners in supporting the various activities surrounding the operations of these systems in providing services to the user community.
• Develop custom applications/modules and other programs in support of internal or public service initiatives.
• Development and implementation of processes for support maintenance.
• Provide production application support for multiple departments across the city by assisting in ad-hoc development, implementation processes or support maintenance.
• Follow through on all production issues and customer inquiries to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
• Prioritize and assign target completion dates for production fixes and change controls in conjunction with the client and team members.
• Learn the client’s business processes and operations to be able to provide support to business applications users and vendors and for business applications maintenance (i.e. version upgrade, apply patch, etc.)
• Ensure the change control process is followed for all production fixes and change controls.
• Ensure the escalation process is followed for all production issues and coordinate the effort to resolve the issues in a timely manner.
• Lead the effort to perform root cause analysis for production issues and design solutions to avoid recurrence of the same issues.
• Interact with city staff and the vendors in resolving issues and other business-related matters in maintaining the business applications including websites, portals and other secured environment.
• Learn the City of Anaheim business applications and its technical environment to be able to provide production support to users of the application.
• Learn, develop and maintain scheduled and online reports using standard reporting tools such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Cognos, or its equivalent.
• Able to support the city departments 24x7 business operations and be available onsite during the city’s business hours.
• Educational background preferably in the fields of Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Must have minimum 5 years of business applications maintenance support and development experience
• Proven work experience as an applications developer.
• Must have working experience or knowledge in developing and maintaining reports using Crystal Reports, COGNOS, Business Object or any other industry equivalent tools a plus.
• Must have working experience in providing production support for business applications or maintaining business applications including troubleshooting and resolving application related issues.
• Must have working experience or knowledge with Oracle databases and/or MS SQL Server databases.
• Must have hands-on programming experience using SQL or PL/SQL.
• Must have excellent verbal communications, interpersonal skills and technical writing/documentation skills
• Must have the ability to work in a team environment
• Must have the ability to multi-task and provide off-hours support for production related business applications issues and/or technical environment support
• Must have the ability to train application users and produce technical documentation and/or user guides
• Must have good problem solving, organization and planning skills
• Working knowledge on one or more of the following business systems is a plus:
o Document Management System (i.e. Laserfiche)
o Agenda Management System (i.e. Questys)
o Public Safety equivalent Records Management System (i.e. VersaTerm)
o Customer Information System (i.e. enQuesta)
o Work Order System (i.e. Accruent Famis)
o Public Safety Scheduling System (i.e. Kronos TeleStaff)
o Utility Customer Information System (i.e. enQuesta)
o Accela Permitting & Land Management System
• Working experience or knowledge in using third-party open-source portals (i.e. WordPress)