Provides senior level engineering support to operate; maintain; and develop upgrades for a major Navy business enterprise network operations center.
- Analyzes data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
Candidates should have: Expert knowledge of Cisco series switches; Knowledge and experience with DOD IA compliance policies and procedures; Demonstrated proficiency in BGP; EIGRP; STP; VTP; ACLs; and Layer 2 and Layer 3 network switching/routing; Knowledge in NetScreen; sRX and Cisco ASA; and Juniper firewall configuration. Candidate must be able to support 24x7x365 on call requirement.
Comp TIA Security + or higher level certification required.
Candidate must have secret level clearance with active SSBI.