Provide level 2 support to USPTO users (hardware and software problems) at the Carlyle locations. Provide support during the week. Position requires shift adjustments as required, including day, night, and weekend shifts. There is a service level agreement of four hours with response and resolve times stipulated. The technician must perform within the SLA criteria. Technicians may be asked to adjust schedules when staffing is limited or workload is high. They are responsible for creation and updates to problem tickets associated with all work that they perform and must communicate with dispatchers and user on tickets. Interact with other groups on the contract as well as other contractors to find solutions to problems. Assist team lead and dispatchers in managing queue.
At least 4 years of software support experience as a technician in a multi-user environment.
Extensive knowledge of internal components and troubleshooting procedures for laptops and desktop CPUs, processors, video components, and HP printer components.
Support of Windows PCs / Laptop with Windows 7 and 10 operating system is required.
Previous customer service experience and excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Able to lift at least 50 pounds and have a current valid drivers license. LAN and network experience is also beneficial.
Job requires traveling between all USPTO campuses (Carlyle, RSQ, Newington, Springfield and Franconia).
Education, Training or Certifications (required and desired):
2 to 4 years of hands on technical knowledge of laptop and desktop design and software installation required.
A+ Certification desired.
Technical Requirements (required and desired):
• Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, vendor diagnostics, imaging software such as SCCM.
• Minimum of one year hardware troubleshooting experience, which needs to include laptops and desktop for Tier One vendors.
• Should also be familiar with vendor web sites in order to find hardware updates, driver updates, and engineering changes) as well as on multiple Tier One products (DELL).
• High level of technical proficiency with IT equipment is a must.
Working knowledge in major desktop operating systems (Windows 10).
• Comfort and familiarity with assembly and re-assembly of devices required.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills needed.
• Must have the ability to keep current with alternative systems and technology and make technology recommendations to management consistent with the company’s business and systems strategies.
• Ability to enter data into systems accurately required.