The successful candidate will participate in a faced-paced, dynamic team environment supporting a U.S. Government contract that provides personnel security management to DOD. The position involves the creation, maintenance, and monitoring of Oracle databases, in both a development and a production environment. The position will also require extensive work in a UNIX environment and development of SQL queries for use with Ad Hoc Reporting and/or analysis and correction of data. The candidate will need strong analytical skills, strong communication skills, and extensive experience in both UNIX and Oracle administration. Ability to work in contractor's environment, occasionally. Use of agile methodology. The candidate will be involved in the creation, maintenance, and monitoring of Oracle databases, in both a development and production environment. In addition, he/she will be involved in production deployments of the application, COTS tools, and database changes. This will require support in creating the deployment plans and installation instructions, along with process documentation. Finally, the candidate will be involved in the development of SQL queries for use in Ad Hoc Reports, analysis of data quality, and data manipulation within an Oracle database. Strong data analytical skills and experience with the ability to communicate is a must. Extensive experience of UNIX, Shell scripting, stored procedures, and relational databases is critical. Must be able to work in a team environment and work independently with minimum management oversight. Must possess high energy and have a strong motivation to make a difference. The work is fast paced with changing priorities. Task switching without loss of productivity is a must. Completion of assigned tasks is expected without constant review.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent in an engineering or computer field; Five or more years of software development experience, including experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Must have experience developing and testing Java applications. Experience of performance tuning is a plus. Experience with relational databases, Web application development, and Web technologies are required. Knowledge of Object-Oriented design principles, MVC concepts, and data and object models are also required. Agile skills
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently; Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms; Demonstrated ability to work within deadlines and schedules; Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and workloads; Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn emerging technologies; Demonstrated ability to handle direct customer interaction professionally.
• • U.S. Citizenship
• Current DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance (based on SSBI investigation)
• Talented Database Administrator with at least 5-10 years experience supporting Oracle
• Experience with Oracle Replication
• Experience with Golden Gate
• Experience supporting a production system/database is required.
• Strong familiarity with UNIX, Shell scripting, and Perl
• Data analysis experience - 1 to 3 years is preferred
• Experience in creating and executing Disaster Recovery Plans is highly desired.• Prior experience supporting a WebLogic application server is a plus
• Must have strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
• Must be able to effectively articulate complex, technical concepts to on-site clients, non-technical management and co-contractors
• Must demonstrate a strong sense of self-motivation and direction
• Must be a team player
• Understanding of application development lifecycle processes is a plus
• Common office software skills (Word, Excel, Visio)
• Must have a strong motivation to make a difference
• Familiarity with Department of Defense personnel security issues is a plus