Job Position: Psychologist
- Doctoral Degree (M.D.)
- Physician licensure
- Psychology Residency and Board Certification
Minimum General Experience: Five (5) years of experience in a hospital or clinical care setting engaging in counseling methods, using psychology, behavior modification, crisis intervention, and hospitalization to treat mental illness.
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; supervising staff provision of services.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress; consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, and rules.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events; writing summaries.