•Highly specialized in one or more phases of software systems development, systems integration, or network engineering
•Formulates / defines specifications, develops / modifies / maintains complex systems and subsystems, using vendor engineering releases and utilities for overall operational systems.
•Applies analytical techniques when gathering information from users, defining work problems, designing technology solutions, and developing procedures to resolve the problems.
•Develops complete specifications to enable computer programmers to prepare required programs.
•Reviews task proposal requirements, gathers information, analyzes data, prepares project synopses, compares alternatives, prepares specifications, resolves processing problems, coordinates work with programmers and engineers, and orients users to new systems.
Expert-Level Knowledge in several of the following skillsets:
Strong knowledge/experience in several of the following:
• Knowledge/experience with Agile Methodologies
• Ability to prepare cost estimates
• Knowledge/experience of SDLC practices
• Strong facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups
• Change Management and Configuration Management (VersionOne, ServiceNow, etc)
• Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
• Capacity Planning
• Project Management / Project Planning
• Extensive Software Testing Experience
• Defect Tracking Tools (e.g. Rational, Mercury)
• Authoring requirements specifications, test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development or software quality assurance/control
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related (Preferred)
• Able to obtain Postal clearance
• Available for occasional travel to support the project